VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was curious if anyone has any info on what injectors can be used? The stock replacement 0437502043 is a bit out of my price range at present, haveing dumped so much mo ey trying to get this car running right.

I found these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-w...:phoAAOSweW5U~Nlj:sc:USPSPriority!04038!US!-1. Which are half the price, was curious if these would work, as i believe they open at the same pressure. If i swapped my top hats on those would they spray as they should, or am i waiting another two weeks to get the right ones?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
I was being tactful. I decided to chime in before somebody else was rude.

Some have converted Sciroccos to CIS-Motronic but I don't think there are any active members on here that have.

http://www.scirocco.org/tech/16v/cise2motronic/

I think Eric has a Passat with CIS-Motronic.

Rock Auto has Bosch injectors for $38.79 which is cheaper than $91.54 each.

This is for a 1990 Passat 2.0 which I think had CIS-Motronic:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...2.0l+l4,1284229,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

If you want the Mercedes injectors for a performance bump, they may or may not provide the performance gain you are looking for.

-Old Eric

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
I believe it used the same injectors as CIS-E which the Scirocco 16V came with. All other North American Sciroccos came with some earlier variation of CIS.

I just read that article on converting to CIS-Motronic and it says that the injectors are different and even have different threads. It appears you need CIS-Motronic injectors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I got new motronic injectors, should i be concerned about recieving 3 matching and one older one? I have no way of testing these other than on the vehicle, and id rather not install while I can still return them. I have attached a pic to show i have one from a totally different production run and my concerns are about will they be balanced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upon closer inspection, the numbers stamped on the injectors are different per injector, except the mfr part numbers which are obviously the same. I dont know if that will make a difference also? I dont wanna throw $200 of injectors in, unless I know for sure there should be no discrepancy between each. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Years ago while working with Mercedes, we would test used and new injectors. Even new injectors all did not spray the same. A couple things that are important is the spray pattern and sealing. I know Mercedes did raise the opening pressure of the injectors to help with vapor lock. The engineers swear it did not matter if the engine had new and old injectors, as long as the patterns were ok and they did not leak.

The different numbers may be date codes or lot numbers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much for the information, I will procede with the install tomorrow and check them all. First time getting back into cis for 10+ years, and re assurance is always welcomed with foggy knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.