VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently have been losing power on my girlfriends mk4 golf.. scan codes and it shows that theres a air leak (probably vacuum) and that somethings wrong with fuel pressure.. been looking through the internet and have a couple options to look for and one of them is the fuel pressure regulator. Right now im stanging next to the car with the bonnet open and scrathing my head because the place where there should be a vacuum hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator , its just blocked off.. can it be like that and can it be at cause of any of the cars faults?
I really hope its only that because all of the rest of the vacuum hoses are in good condition , haven't checked the fuel part of things yet tho. Would appreciate any help. 馃槄
Automotive tire Tread Finger Rim Coil

Registered
Not sure what engine you have there ... on my 2.0 AEG... that fuel pressure regulator is connected or T-ed toa vacuum source it's a 3/16 size hose... right to the intake runner...

The one holding in your hand is the FPR. the hose on that seems to be cut off on holding by your finger is the vacuum hose... not 100% sure why it is block off on your car.

Aside from that hose failed or fray or just cracked.. I have had all other line failed. Just go to autozone or autopart store, they sell those hose by the foot. under $2 per foot .... about 5' change all of the stuff on my engine. On mine, they are the smaller 3/16 size, don't confuse with the 3/8 ones that is also a vacuum hose.. there should be a vacuum hose diagram on the front of the car some where under the hood. Maybe check it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a mk4 golf with a 1.6 fsi engine. Im not really sure how to correctly route the hose or where to connect it to.. and not really sure if the block off of the fpr is the problem. 馃槓

Registered
Thats definitely supposed to be hooked up and not blocked off. I have my FPR plumbed directly to my intake manifold.

Registered
I have a mk4 golf with a 1.6 fsi engine. Im not really sure how to correctly route the hose or where to connect it to.. and not really sure if the block off of the fpr is the problem. 馃槓

No way to know why your FPR is blocked off.. I don't have 1.6 FSI, there are two or three different FPR even for the normal vw mkivs that have different pressure / BAR... sorry don't know your story.... VW have all sort of plastic issues as well at least the MKIVs that is in the USA or North American market..., these vacuum lines included from my experience with my 2.0. so either go with a mechanic's stethoscope or your ear and try to find the hissing noise or just go around and check all of your vacuum lines... or just replace all of them, they are cheap enough... unless you wanted a VW logo printed on them then it gets expensive... I paid $1.50 to $2.0 from local auto supply for 3/16 vacuum hose (the smaller ones)... The larger (3/8") ones I think it was .50 more per foot...

There is a vaccum diagram on almost all of the cars in front of the engine bay or on the underside of the hood. Aside from that, not sure, maybe you post a pic of your engine bay and hope some one here have your same setup and post a pic of theirs for you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts