VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have ANY idea why my rado is running too rich?.. I'm getting about 9mpg on a 1.8. So far, i've replaced the ECU and toned down the fuel pressure regulator back to stock and I'm still having trouble with it. any suggestions on what to do?..email me or IM me at [email protected] I really appreciate any help i can get.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (RotrexPoweredG60)

Man, I can't believe how many times I have said this, but on my car this was the source of. 1. eratic idle, 2. running way too rich (MPG sucked), 3. most times the car was hard to start, and I could smell gas (flooding engine), 4. idle hunting sometimes after warmup.
I replaced the BLUE coolant sensor and all was GONE!
for a mere $8.00 all of those problems were solved! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (RotrexPoweredG60)

Yeah try what Texas C said first, if that doesn't fix it I would look for maybe a stuck open injector.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (DaiKa)

ahem (cough) VACUUM LEAKS can cause these problems. (and possibly a free fix) and when u replaced your ecu did u replace the vacuum line from it to the throttle body with a new one that measures exactly 1 meter, and would u happen to know if the new ecu has an aftermarket chip in it that can cause this too.
best of luck to ya

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (ag602nv)

no, i asked if he replaced it because he said the he replaced the ecu and all hoses with time degrade and moving it around can crack it where u cant see it or some people cut off the end to get a nice tip to push back on the nipple on the ecu. changes the length and/or leaks cause changes to your fueling.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (gti1497)

gti1497, I too went through my engine bay and replaced several vacuum lines, dist. cap, rotor, ignition wires, spark plugs, etc. and still had the exact same issues with idle/MPG. Not untill the BLUE sensor was replaced did everything work correctly, which really did not bother me since many of the items that I replaced in search of a fix needed to be repalced anyway due to old age, etc.
This is just one example of many that are fixes for this type of problem. Our C's are almost like many of the Microsoft sofware issue (Oh, God I hope not
) but there are several different fixes for the exact same symptoms at times, and only one of those fixes will actually work......those that work in the IT world know what I mean here!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (TexasCorradoG60)

please, please, please tell me that mr gates hasnt been anywhere near my car. i have enough probems thank you! and yeah Tex i get what your saying and i agree, didnt mean to come off like an a$$ but maybe i did, sorry.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Fuel problem (gti1497)

gti1497,
No, I did not think that you came off like an a$$ at all, I was just giving an example is all......lol
Yeah I hope and pray the Microsoft never gets into the "Engine Management Software" biz, or we will have allot of folks pushing their cars to their destinations!

If that were the case they would need to "upgrade" all of our nations highways to have what would be termed "Gates Lanes".....you know so they could push their cars along in those lanes and let us OLDER vehicles on by....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.