VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i knew. well i was pretty sure i knew. and hey if i dont know i got a friggin bently man. he will tell me. well my buddy bob bently let me down. he says the relay is where it is not. looking at the box. far right 2nd one up. well there is no relay there.
so i pull every relay and in attempt to find the f-p-r. no go. i swear its not in there.
this in on my crack bunny. the bunny that runs with no 02 sensor, idle screw, no oil and sometimes even no gas. she is for sure a small miracle that it used to run perfect now i have no power to the pump. anydanghoo. anybody know where this dam relay is so i can jump the thing?

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Re: fuel pump relay 84 gti. where is it? (16v po boy)

Quote, originally posted by 16v po boy »
... he says the relay is where it is not. looking at the box. far right 2nd one up. well there is no relay there.

According to my Bentley for Rabbits 1980 to 1984, the fuel pump relay for a 1984 Rabbit is Relay #1 which is the 2nd top relay from the left side of the fuse panel.
Fuse #6 (30 amps) is the fuse for the fuel pump relay.
On the 1981 to 1983, the fuel pump relay is Relay #6 which is the 1st top relay left side of fuse panel.
Maybe someone swapped an '81 to '83 fuse panel into your '84 car?
Cheers, WWR.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
it is most likely the only relay you have with a fuse attached to the top of it... dont think they had the non-fused ones til the later years?
My 82 jetta has the type with the fuse... the 87 cabriolets have the later style... but it's really easy to find the ones with the fuse :-D

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (VWLauren)

yea the ones with the fuse are the early german made cars. if i recall the bently gives a picture for for all 82-84 us made. the picture looks just like my fuse box, but where they say the relay is. it is not. ill take a better look later. for the record. what does the relay look like? what is the prong configuration?
and on another note. my relay panel is labeled. there is no label for the f uel pump relay. the only relays that arent labeled are the add on onnes that clip to the box.

this sucks. i can find the relay on my 81 and all my mk2's with my eyes closed and hands tied up.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
does it click or anything when you turn the key on? maybe you can listen for it? don't remember the prong config, but its the one with the two giant prongs perpindicular to each other if it's the non fused type...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts