VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how far down the fuel pump in the gas tank goes? Does it have a pickup line on the bottom of the pump, or maybe some kind of filter? I hope i dont have to replace the whole pump, i cant find one for under $300 ouch

DUB ON http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the car runs great with a full tank, but when i get to 3/8 it starts hesitating, and almost dies when i take right hand turns. Which is what leads me to believe that its a fuel problem. anything else you guys can think of other then the fuel pump that would cause this?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the in-tank pump out, it appears that there was some kind of o-ring at one time that connected the pump itself to the housing it sits in. That o-ring was completely rotted, and the screen on the bottom of the pump was pretty clogged with what appeared to be the rotted 0-ring. i cleaned the screen, as well as i could, scraped the connection on the level, and cleaned out that rotted o-ring the best i could. now i just need to wait till i get to 3/8ths of a tank to find out if it did any good.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (MILEHIGHMK3)

well after i did all that, coming home from work it stalled on the highway. I got fed up and went and got the pump for $100 bucks, installed it, and i think im back in business. Also a new fuel filter. Hope im good for awhile. Not that anyone even posted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.