VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright....Here's my question. I am doing a 2.0T project...everything is done except the fuel system. I was thinking about just putting in bigger injectors(~28lbs/hr) for the time being and possibly a G60 FPR(I think it's ~4 bar as opposed to the stock 3 bar FPR on the 99 GTI). I shouldn't have any problems with that setup for fuel if I am only running low boost 5-7psi. Or should I be worried. I'm waiting on an adjustable FPR and a chip. But if I keep boost low i should be alright right? Should I even bother with the G60 FPR and just go with the bigger G60 injectors?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Re: Fuel Question (99GTi20T)

the injectors better match the chip, or else it will run poor all the time. use a rising rate fmu(fpr) for boost. single digit boost.
stock g60s have a 3 bar regulator. when chipped, they to to a 4 bar from a porche, and change ecu parameters accordingly.
votech makes a nice fmu that's fully adjustable.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Fuel Question (samrabbit)

I was running lean with the stock fuel system(that's a given) but by putting bigger injectors in it should make it run a less lean correct? even without an adjustable FPR or FMU

·
Registered
971 Posts

it depends on the chip you're running. If the chip isn't ment for the injectors, you will probably run too rich and it won't run right at all.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

You might be alright at higher rpm but it will not idle. It will probably flood the engine at idle! Just do it right the first time so you don't end up like me! (see signature)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts