VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting a turbo kit with intercooler into my car but need to do something with my fuel system. Would I be ok with just using a Vortech FMU? Or should I also buy bigger injectors? If I should buy bigger injectors what size should I get? Also, if I purchase the bigger injectors do have to get anything else along with them? I want to be able to run atleast 10psi when I need to. Thanks a lot. the info appreciated greatly!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Re: Fuel system upgrade for 2.0 turbo (ryansjetta)

with g60 injectors the proper chip and no fmu youy can run 10lbs easy. there are some guys that are running stock chip, stock injectors and a fmu on 10lbs plus!! I really dont trust that but it seems to work.

hope that helps.

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: Fuel system upgrade for 2.0 turbo (turbojeta3)

i run ATP chip and stock injectors w/fmu, and at 9-10 psi max, runs fine up top, on the rich side which is good, i would either do fmu and chip or injectors and chip

·
Banned
760 Posts
Re: Fuel system upgrade for 2.0 turbo (evoeone)

I was experimenting with G60 injectors on a stock motor(and chip).I had the vag-com hooked up and watched the injector duty cycle go from 3.8ms to 2.5ms.The Motronic will adapt to larger injectors http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .I also drove this injector set for a couple of weeks and they also got about the same miledge.This set-up with an FMU will work awsome for forced induction,and will be driving around the local area on some custom turbo cars I'm building.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Fuel system upgrade for 2.0 turbo (ryansjetta)

evoeone is right.you either have to do fmu/chip,or injectors/chip. on my 2.0T i have the 3100cc injectors with a custom autothority chip,because my ATP chip sucked. before i did the chip i had tried to put a fmu from cartech on but it made the car to rich because of the injectors. i would say do the injectors and chip,and if you can get a chip done somewhere else using a dyno,i would do it.ATP's chip seemed like it was working ok till i put it on the dyno.I had a nasty lean spot around 4000rpms that the new chip fixed. just be careful!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts