VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a abat i built last year. its part from a kinetic motorsports kit with some other stuff... my question is how much psi is my limit usaully till i have to install a inline fuel pump... the turbo is t3/t4 57 trim.. .48a/r. casue at about 18ish psi my wide band still tells me its still got good fueling stays pined at rich....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: fueling question (rweird)

ok casue i am just wondering if my wideband is acurate... casue im running a autometer wideband that no one else seems to be running and i was just hopeing all is good casue at 18 psi- 22ish if it really freaking cold out... my wideband sticks around 10ish at boost all the way threw

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: fueling question (NORDLAND)

how would i be able to get fix that problem to get to the right afr? plus what should it be at.. also i dont anything bout the gauge for all i know it could way off and not telling me the truth casue it seems like no one has ever runn a autometer wideband

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: fueling question (steven12345)

Quote, originally posted by steven12345 »
how would i be able to get fix that problem to get to the right afr? plus what should it be at.. also i dont anything bout the gauge for all i know it could way off and not telling me the truth casue it seems like no one has ever runn a autometer wideband

1-tuning...talk to whoever did your software/chip/tune
2-that is a tricky question-again,talk to your tuner...he'll give you something "safe"
3-read up on your wideband...get familiar with calibration,install position,etc....

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

That rich is not safe, that is way too much fuel. You can wash out the rings or could cause fuel to puddle in the ring lands and burn after combustion aka detonation. just sayin.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: fueling question (GinsterMan98)

its a stock fpr. im boost with wot afr is at 10.0 in 1st and 2nd gear i know in 5th at bout 15psi its jumps to lean and you can tell it ran lean casue its like the power just drops out. at idle my afr is 14.2-14.9ish... like i said i donno if its the gauge thats werid or if something is wrong... casue i dont have detonation.. just some back fire when i slam the gas and shift real quick from 1st - 2nd. but like i said no i cant seem to find anyone who has run this wideband either

Modified by steven12345 at 4:53 PM 2-1-2010

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

Is it a wb or a afr gauge that uses your stock o2 signal. Mine backfire aswell. Look in vagcom at your primary o2, if the values for short and long term fuel trims are more than + or - 3 from 0 than something is amiss. I just learned all about o2 and fuel trims this weekend.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

TBT syncro also helped me understand how too know if your fuel pump is maxed or your injectors. It will require a electric fuel pressure gauge. Fuel pressure should increase by 1 psi for every 1 psi of boost pressure. So if you are running a 3 bar FPR(43.5psi) than at 15 psi you should be seeing 58.5 psi fuel pressure. If it does not hold than your pump cannot supply the volume needed at that pressure. If the fuel pressure is gtg and you still are lean than your injectors are maxed.
Some things to check would be MAF, TPS, CTS and make sure your O2 control is functioning.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

All good pionts aswell, Where is your wideband in the exhaust?
Are you running a C2 chip tune?
Don't let it stay in the 10's, it's not good for the motor.
How lean is it getting up top?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

yea its a c2 chip .. and my wideband is sensor is on the downpipe... and at top end its does not move untill im up in speed and in 4th or 5th gear at bout 15psi it jumps all the way to lean...i mean it runs good and i dont smell gas as if its running rich as hell..... i dont get it

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

Check your Maf and TPS in vagcom and see what the fuel trims are doing. Report back, 10 afr's are rich, not lean.

Modified by GinsterMan98 at 6:09 PM 2-1-2010

·
Registered
49 Posts

the thing that u need to remeber is that rich is much harder to cause problems washing out rings and things like that is a hard to do and it needs to be very very rich but detination caused by lean conditions can damage things much worse because it burns hotter and can mess all kinds of **** up

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Re: fueling question (GTI276)

That is not true, you can ruin a new motor at idle with afr's that rich. High ten spot is not that bad, but being in the ten at idle or at load for long periods of time is bad business.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

Op, just like we talked about the reason you are going lean is because your car is not adding fuel to the long term fuel trim. If you get your O2 working it should be gtg. I would turn the boost down or stay out of it until you get it sorted. Hit me up if you have any other questions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.