VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a car with an all blue interior. I have sitting in my house a COMPLETE black/gray interior.
I want to replace the blue interior with the black/gray interior. However I have to drive the car every day, so I can't have it unusable for days at a time.
I have the skills to do this, I'm just looking for a little advice about what order I should go about replacing stuff so that I can keep my car as usable as possible.
Also the black/gray interior smells terribly of smoke, any ideas to get the smell, and a few stains out?

·
Registered
16,331 Posts
Re: Full interior swap questions (ChrisDJ142)

mkII interiors are rediculously easy to remove....if you have only poor skills with a few screwdrivers, you can have the front door panels replaced in a half hour(if that)...add a little more skill and a wrench for the front seats...they are clumsy but easily removed...(remember to swap your seatbelts and "feet" from your current seats)....
back seat on a jetta is easy...can't remember if the gti is any harder, i don't think so...
anyways...if you are swapping the dash, that will take the longest b/c of having to get at all those damn screws.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Full interior swap questions (Tornado2dr)

Thanks for the advice. I should have noted earlier that the front seats and door panles are already swapped. I'm most concerned about the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.