VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

fun with stock wheels

703 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  A1speedracer 
#1 ·
i was cleaning up my wheels the other day, and i decided on this look: all black but for the outside lip. then we painted all of the center caps... take a look, tell me what you think.

lucas

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: fun with stock wheels (lucas)

definatly like the center caps. i've got the same wheels and gonna paint all black. polished lip is nice, but when painted black you can't tell where the rim ends and the tire starts. from anywhere but up close you can't realy tell how big the rims are. basicly you get the illussion of a bigger rim.

#5 ·
Re: fun with stock wheels (volksracin)

damnit!!! i was gonna pick up some paint and do my center caps JUST like that this week!!!!!
at least now i know how good they'll look!!!
edit: i suppose i should ask how you went about it... i was going to spray paint it silver to begin with and then hand paint the blue and white leaving the silver only on the edges to make it look more like the NB EuroBadges...

[Modified by PDX Cabby, 4:13 PM 2-9-2002]

#8 ·
Re: fun with stock wheels (Speedemon)

i used a wire wheel and lots of wet sanding, they were pretty corroded. then i masked it off and used rustoleum satin black. i love satin black, it's really easy to get a nice, 'factory looking' finish.
lucas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.