VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was at the dealer a week ago to get my coil fixed (1st of 4), they managed to break a piece of trim on the dash.
So, I was in this morning to have them fix the trim while I wait. It is really cold out in NY (8-10 degrees F.) Apparently the 800 number for the VW Roadside Assistance was really backed up. As I am sitting in the waiting area I overhear a call from the service manager over the Nextel speakerphone of a service rep in the room.
He is calling to let them know that he will be late getting in because he has a flat tire. He says he called roadside 2 hours ago and is still waiting for the tow truck to come and put on his spare.
Maybe I missed something. . . the service manager doesn't know how to change a flat?!?

(It was clear from the rest of the conversation that he was just past his driveway and had a fully functional spare and the necessary tools in the trunk!)

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Funny Dealer Story (rbenjami)

MAYBE the guy didn't feel like getting dirty since he had a full day of work in front of him.
Maybe he didn't feel like doing physical labor in EIGHT degree weather.
Maybe he wanted to milk the system and get an extra hour at home.
Maybe he just wanted to use the warranty he paid for.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Re: Funny Dealer Story (1fastdub)

I changed all 4 of my wheels (*summer to winter*) in 15 mins with only the chessey VW jack. (cause as soon as I started it began to rain!) I guess some people are lazy!

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: Funny Dealer Story (protijy)

That's nothing.
When I drove in to the service station, one of the mechanics that took my car in (a guy without a stick up his as*s) knew rright away a coil blew.. and 1 coil exactly. I told him also as soon as i started the car that morning 1 coil blew. Now the service manager had no idea... completely clueless.
You would thikn after all these breaks these managers go through they could tell what is the problem but no!. Also they probably need a training course in how to change the spare tire

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: Funny Dealer Story (Jman5000)

Gotta agree with Jman. Think about it... you're near your house (as your post said) and you get a flat. It's freezing outside so you go back into your house where it's warm and watch some TV and have some hot chocolate instead of changing a tire in freezing weather and then going to work. Granted, I'm a Floridian, but you won't see me changing a tire in 8 degree weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts