VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i installed my hella smoked tails on my jetta and i accidently dropped one of the small wreches down into god knows where trying to tighten one of the harder bolts. Does anyone know what that area is under there below the taillight area and if it'll do any damage or harm to the car? because i cant see it and cant pull it out with a magnet.
thanks for any replies

·
Registered
284 Posts
this happens to a lot of people including myself. You can kiss the wrench goodbye but the good news it that it will not do any damage, at least I hope not.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Re: (QuickSilver4845)

Quote, originally posted by QuickSilver4845 »
this happens to a lot of people including myself. You can kiss the wrench goodbye but the good news it that it will not do any damage, at least I hope not.

Maybe some funny noises when you go over bumps

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Re: (edisonr)

well you can remove the bumper if you want, i am sure it'll come up if you do that, but i've dropped Two of the nuts from each side in there and haven't heard a noise from them yet. So i am assuming they worked their way out already.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Funny Story, Serious Question (wboro4)

I demand my funny story

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,223 Posts
Re: Funny Story, Serious Question (WaltMan)

Quote, originally posted by WaltMan »
I demand my funny story

I second that motion!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Re: Funny Story, Serious Question (wboro4)

onmy gti that similar thing happened to me. On the drivers sied lower left corner nut had to go through a small hole just big enough for the socket. i pulled andknocked off the nut and it fell into the sidewall. i stuck my hand in the carpet and felt around thw whole panel and i eventually found a little open hole where mt hand would fit. i then stuck my hand into some **** and found the nut. i wonder if you take off some plastic covers and or carpet and can find a similar open spot. i would ask athe local dealer to pull up a diagram of the area and see if there are any acess points beyond the obviuos that may be found via removal of some easier parts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: Funny Story, Serious Question (pest)

I avoided that possibility. I pulled down the trunk liner to get better access to the tail light bolts. Of course, I managed to bust about 3 of the fasteners in the process
As far as your wrench...so long as ya can't hear it rattling around don't worry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts