VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved recently, and so I drive the MA pike everyday now. I tend to drive it right before traffic starts to suck but I still hit some around exit 13 where I get off.
What I'm finding funny and sort of tragic is that every single week, somebody flips theirs car. I'm not exagerating either. One day out of the week I will sit in traffic because someone decided to attempt a Yeager loop in their automobile! I flip the traffic on to see what's up and it's always the case. In fact in happened this morning! (10/4 Friday)
I never had a commute like this before, but I mean, is it really normal for people to be flipping their vehicles that often? Hahaha, based on the driving I see, it doesn't suprise me at all. Anyone else who's been driving the pike longer than me can comment if this is something that's happened in recent times or have people been regularly flipping their cars for a while now? Haha, I'm starting to believe that statistic that showed SUV rollovers have been going on for a long time, it was just recently with the Firestone/Ford thing that it became more public.
It really reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they all go live on Homer's Grandfather's old farm and the tractor flips over on him every time, even if he just walks near it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: Funny.... yet Tragic. (Volkscience)

where was this roll over? I just drove from 13 to 495 and saw nothing of the sort. There was/is a rollover on 495N near Littleton right now tho

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Funny.... yet Tragic. (16v)

Oh I don't really know. Sometimes it doesn't affect my drive, but it usually happens on the 128/95 side and up (exit 14 and up) This one probably is the one in Littleton. They had to chopper lift the guy out from what it said on the traffic. I guess it's been happening a long time and I just never noticed until I had to drive a hour and half everyday to work.

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

ya, that's the same one on 495. I can't explain it either but I see WAY too bizarre stuff on my commute:

I do manage to get a good laugh out of it

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Re: Funny.... yet Tragic. (16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]ya, that's the same one on 495. I can't explain it either but I see WAY too bizarre stuff on my commute:

I do manage to get a good laugh out of it[HR][/HR]​
Thats it, I am cruising around following Doug for a while. He sees all the wierd shizzzz

·
Registered
534 Posts
Re: Funny.... yet Tragic. (gin8122)

yeah it's not illegal....but the people who are behind you that have been sitting in traffic for an hour really hate "rubber-neckers". Traffic in Mass would be so much easier if people would:
1. pull of the road when they have a fender bender and not block two lanes of traffic because they "don't want to disturb" the scene until the cops get there".
2. Just drive by an accident scene or someone pulled over without sight seeing
Just my opinion. I drive the pike. 80 miles a day between 495 and 128. I have been for 5 years everyday. My suggestion is find a backroad route if you can. Especially this time of year with the foliage coming.

·
Registered
41,531 Posts
Re: Funny.... yet Tragic. (amarshall)

quote:[HR][/HR]I got to start keeping the camera in the car. Do you think staties would get pissed if you were taking pictures of unmarked cars?[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
791 Posts

hey volks, yes its kinda common. I work on the pike, and on the overnight on weekends their is at least one roll over. either a canadien truck driver sleepin, or some jackass comin outta the clubs in boston thinking the pike is a dragstrip.( even tho I do the same when I'm late for work!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.