VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like this is a not uncommon thing. I searched quickly and found about a dozen threads where people have had this fuse blow.
I've had it blow twice now in my car. Both times when the engine was off, the accessories were on, and I flipped on all three overhead lights in the front. It's one of the small fuses - a 10 amp. It just seems odd. If it happens again, I'll call the dealer. But I thought I'd check and see if this is a known issue...

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Re: Fuse 14 blowing? - Interior lights and central locks (JettaGL_1.8T)

Have you replaced the Overhead panel? This happened to me when I upgraded to the W8 Panel and it was wired incorrectly. Is it consistent? And can it be replicated. Try to find the exact variables that cause it to happen and the work back from there.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Fuse 14 blowing? - Interior lights and central locks (hman)

Quote, originally posted by hman »
Have you replaced the Overhead panel? Is it consistent? And can it be replicated. Try to find the exact variables that cause it to happen and the work back from there.

No, the overhead panel is stock. (I actually just bought the car last Thursday.) Near as I can tell, the it happened both times when the engine was off, the accessories were on, and I flipped on all three overhead lights in the front with the manual switch. Those lights come on everytime the door opens, so maybe there's something up with the contacts in the switch itself. I'd like to get a W8 panel though, so maybe that will fix it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts