VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this is the Golf/Jetta 4 forum with no luck (surprise) so I am hoping someone here might know the answer to my question. While installing turn signal bulbs into the headlights I blew the fuse that makes the flash when arming or disarming the central locking system. I have a service manual and went through the fuse descriptions in the 1.8T FAQ, but none match the description of the fuse I am looking for. The suspect fuse IS NOT the hazard light fuse or turn signal fuse (both of those are fine and both features work). My horn still honks when I arm the alarm, but not flashing lights. Please help! Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Re: Fuse Question (4ceFed4)

Your FuseBox should have a card that tells what fuse is what.
At least it does on mine! Also, You might wanna use higher amperage rated fuses for your lights cause they tend to burn fuses alot.
You know there's a "Lighting forum" right?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

yeah that pic-to-gram sucks at best. LOL you can always pull em one by one for the ones you cant figure out the pictures on. Sorry if i had a bentley i'd give more help.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well the dealership said that my Hella tails caused the Central Locking Relay to go bad, and they wouldn't fix it.
I gave my new Bentley manual to my dad (a lifelong electical engineer) and within 5 minutes he had it down to two fuses by looking at the wiring diagrams. Both are in the relay panel way underneath the dash. So I dropped down the plastic panel, and looked up there and sure enough I could just see a blown 15A fuse. It was a PITA to get out and replace with a new one, but it was indeed the suspect item. Keep this info in the back of your head somewhere...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts