VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EOS OWNERS WANTED

After having a meeting with Steven, our product manager, we agreed to offer a special service to all forum members:
You may have already heard of our EOS roof module ( http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...age=1 ) - the most powerful solution not only to add basic features to the car which might be standard on other cars but also adding unique features not available in general on the EOS.
We want to make this product even better. How? By incorporating additional features you want to see (if technically possible).
So please, use this thread to add your suggestions about features you would like to see. I will then collect them and speak to our engineers. Possible functions will make it into a poll and you all can decide which ones you would like to see the most.
Have fun!

· Registered
2,097 Posts
Re: EOS OWNERS WANTED (l-c-t.com)

Not sure if it can be done via the roof module but an easy way of using the Phone buttons on the steering wheel to control the a bluetooth phone would be great. The only current solution seems a bit clunky... combining a parrot bluetooth adaptor with a control box from another company. You need multiple boxes and cables and it doesn't appear to use the telephone interface on the OEM audio correctly.
Ideal Solution
Single Interface box containing bluetooth reciever, connects to the Steering Wheel telephone control and the telephone inputs on the OEM Audio. Uses a Bluetooth microphone that can positioned anywhere in the vehicle (no need to run cable between microphone and reciever box). If not possible to feed incoming CID to Nav/Radio unit would include (optional) small LCD for this feature.
BTW I already have the One Touch unit on order, even though my car won't be here until the new year, can I get hold of electronic copy of the operation and installation manual

Modified by mark_d_drake at 8:53 AM 11-27-2006

· Registered
611 Posts
Re: EOS OWNERS WANTED (mark_d_drake)

Ditto on the request for the manual. My box will get here before the Eos.
Does the box directly interface with the CAN bus and is it visible to VAG-COM as a controller?
Were you able to add a seat memory function?
Richard

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: EOS OWNERS WANTED (meggers)

Quote, originally posted by meggers »
What about adding the launch control to the menu so that people with DSG can activate launch control on their cars without the need for any additional equipment?

Yes this feature is already on the list. We might be able to add that.

· Registered
155 Posts

I totally agree. I would love to have a plug-and-play Bluetooth module (with microphone) that would use the buttons on the steering wheel and interface with the stereo speakers. I would like to see either the radio display, Nav screen or the MFD show caller ID, stored favorite numbers and number being called.
I realize that this might be an entirely different module than the roof module you are working on now, but I would be very interested in something like this.

· Registered
503 Posts

I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the DRLs and still keep the lights on auto. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I would absolutely love if you could get rid of the Nav nag screen "I accept". http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif How about also adding a rocket launcher so I can blast the @$$#0|e stuck in front of me in the left lane out of my way?

Modified by flheat at 12:38 PM 11-27-2006

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: EOS OWNERS WANTED (neweosowner)

Quote, originally posted by neweosowner »
Seat Memory. Please. Soon.
Waiting to purchase module, hoping that seat memory is added.

Our engineers are working on the seat memory already. and on a great user interface. i can not tell you when it will make it into the module. i've been told it's not done in 5 minutes. however, all current owners of the module will be offered a "free" upgrade (which means that you pay handling and shipping only).

· Registered
2,097 Posts

Daniel
I have one of your modules on order... Since my car looks like it won't be here until early / mid jan can you delay shipping until them in case the upgrades are completed by then. Once again if we can early access to operating and installation instructions that would be great...
-M

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: EOS OWNERS WANTED (ATLeos)

Quote, originally posted by ATLeos »
I totally agree. I would love to have a plug-and-play Bluetooth module (with microphone) that would use the buttons on the steering wheel and interface with the stereo speakers. I would like to see either the radio display, Nav screen or the MFD show caller ID, stored favorite numbers and number being called.
I realize that this might be an entirely different module than the roof module you are working on now, but I would be very interested in something like this.

We have been working on a product like this, well the engineers did. It is possible to fully integrate a BT system into the dashboard and also allowing you to control the phone with the steering wheel buttons.
Problem there is that Steven, our product manager, wants to see orders for 100 modules before he lets engineering develop the product any further. There seems to be a lot of work involved for such a product and it can not being integrated into the vario plus roof module for sure.
I will present the case again on my next meeting but honestly i think you won't see such a product from us in the near future unless we find enough people being interested.
BUT: noted:)

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: EOS OWNERS WANTED (flheat)

Quote, originally posted by flheat »
I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the DRLs and still keep the lights on auto. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I would absolutely love if you could get rid of the Nav nag screen "I accept". http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif How about also adding a rocket launcher so I can blast the @$$#0|e stuck in front of me in the left lane out of my way?

Modified by flheat at 12:38 PM 11-27-2006

the rocket launcher ....
maybe you should ask santa for that:)

but the DRL: so you mean, basically you get an option to switch the DRL on/off when needed? or switch the DRL on when you are on auto and off when on O ???
The accept screen on the navigation can not be avoided right now as it is fully integrated within the nav units software. it is already on the list but initial tests have been unsuccessful. our engineers do have a few ideas though but for now it seems to be out of reach (at least for the next few weeks)

· Registered
1,061 Posts

Quote, originally posted by l-c-t.com »

Problem there is that Steven, our product manager, wants to see orders for 100 modules before he lets engineering develop the product any further. There seems to be a lot of work involved for such a product and it can not being integrated into the vario plus roof module for sure.

Riiiiight. So your "product manager" Steven wants 100 people to order a product that doesn't exist before he agrees to produce it. I'm not sure what kind of "business" you are part of, but between your sales tactics on your other 'product' and that comment you have zero credibility with me, and in my opinion, if anyone actually buys into this crap, they're crazy.

· Registered
503 Posts

Frankly, I think it's a prudent business decision not to move forward, think about it, even at 100 units at $600 that grosses them $60,000. How can that even cover the development payroll? For those of us mechanically and electronically challenged, if this unit can remotely open and close my top as represented, I have no problem shelling out $600 for their efforts.

· Registered
503 Posts

but the DRL: so you mean, basically you get an option to switch the DRL on/off when needed? or switch the DRL on when you are on auto and off when on O ???

I'd like the option to switch the DRL on/off when desired and leave my lights set on the auto feature.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

people tend to forget that having engineers working on a project does cost money.
No business in the world will make a product when it is not clear that at some point a ROI will occur and eventually a profit. If no business would work like that we would have no businesses at all.
Nobody said that we want people to buy 100 modules now. all i was saying is that Steven wants to see orders before he will let engineering spend more time on that - i also pointed out that this BT option for now remains something one would rather see later than sooner (because of the fact that development costs are in no relation to currently expected sales). As a product manager he has the responsibility to get an ROI as soon as possible and your calculation (100 x 600 - if a module would sell for that - i would say such a BT module would have to be cheaper in order to reach critical mass with regards to economy of scale) would not even include the cost of production, marketing and it surely would not cover all direct development costs as you pointed out.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote, originally posted by flheat »

I'd like the option to switch the DRL on/off when desired and leave my lights set on the auto feature.

ok. i have noted that. but i think that should be possible.

· Registered
2,097 Posts

As guide line the only possible currentt soln that relies on the Parrot module and the third party steering wheel interface looks like it runs about $400 plus installation.
As I recall an early sell sheet I say for the 3.2 EOS listed an OEM VW Bluetooth option for approx $195. THis disappeared from the later sell sheets
My dealer currently offers a 3rd Party (Motorola ?) option. I'm not sure what it runs. I think that one is capable of muting the audio when a call comes in but uses an external mic / swtch and speaker. Maybe Brendan can comment further if he reads this.
Currently i use an external Bluetooth speakerphone (Supertooth II - see buy.com et al) that clips to the visor. That runs $75 and has proven extremely effective. In my old golf cabrio people can hear me quite clearly with the top down at speeds up to about 50mph.
For a properly integrated solution that integrates with the steering wheel control, dynaudio system and MFD / Nav I would be prepared to spend $500.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote, originally posted by mark_d_drake »
As guide line the only possible currentt soln that relies on the Parrot module and the third party steering wheel interface looks like it runs about $400 plus installation.
As I recall an early sell sheet I say for the 3.2 EOS listed an OEM VW Bluetooth option for approx $195. THis disappeared from the later sell sheets
My dealer currently offers a 3rd Party (Motorola ?) option. I'm not sure what it runs. I think that one is capable of muting the audio when a call comes in but uses an external mic / swtch and speaker. Maybe Brendan can comment further if he reads this.
Currently i use an external Bluetooth speakerphone (Supertooth II - see buy.com et al) that clips to the visor. That runs $75 and has proven extremely effective. In my old golf cabrio people can hear me quite clearly with the top down at speeds up to about 50mph.
For a properly integrated solution that integrates with the steering wheel control, dynaudio system and MFD / Nav I would be prepared to spend $500.

yes i was wondering why VW didn't come out with it already. Mercedes now has a fully integrated system which runs around $400 but also needs the factory phone pre-installation to be there in the first place so overall the whole thing cost you over $650 or so.
If we will offer such a product it will fully integrate with the audio system/speakers, MFD and steering wheel. anything else would not make sense to me because as you pointed out there are plenty of other "half way" solutions already out there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.