VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI... my old high mileage white 86 GTi was donated to the LA Salvation Army. license TAM18
some of the specs on the car...
2021cc Techtonics Motor, ABT ported head and cam, dual outlet manifold/downpipe, Gillet exhaust, Neuspeed shortshift kit, rebuilt 9A tranny with a pretty fresh Velocity Stage II slip kit filled with MT90.
body straight, no sunroof, no powersteering, A/C not working.
maybe someone on Vortex will get it/find it???

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,277 Posts
Re: FYI for those in SoCal (2021cc8V)

how rough of shape was that thing in to have to donate? the specs sure sound good on the surface...

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Re: FYI for those in SoCal (vwtoys)

Ha...guess I'll look for it...I can afford an hour drive to LA!!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: FYI for those in SoCal (Ted)

Yea, why did you donate that thing? I would have paid you whatever tax break your going to get (less than 1k, Im guessing...) for that thing.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FYI for those in SoCal (Craig_Heitzman)

Ahhhhh... SLO my old stomping ground!!! Is the Cal Poly club still doing autocrosses?
Anyways... the motor had tons of miles ( 255k) and one day just started spittin oil, making lots of noises, wouldn't hold idle,etc. Felt like it was WAY out of tune.
I donated mainly b/c it was taking up space on my folks' driveway, I was getting tired of working on it, and didn't have time to do the whole selling thing.
Plus... I want to work on my turbo wabbit project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.