VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI: Polyurethane motor mount torque insert for $13

Look at a Neuspeed, ECS, etc torque insert and you'll see that it has the part number 15.1106 stamped on it. It's an energy suspension part number which you can purchase from them or one of their distributors directly.
http://www.suspension.com/volks.htm $13 +shipping.
Part number for the corresponding OEM stretch bolt which should be replaced: N 105 580 01 = $2.75 retail from a dealer.
Hope this helps. (I have a Neuspeed, the above pictured is VF from my VF mount kit . . . . they're all the same mount)
Dave

Update: You can special order it at Autozone. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...-Motor-Mount-Performance?itemIdentifier=28627

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: FYI: Polyurethane motor mount torque insert for $13 (crew219)

GREAT find, i wanted to get one but 40 dollars for some plastic????
i want more of these finds man

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Re: FYI: Polyurethane motor mount torque insert for $13 (5N4K3)

Quote, originally posted by 5N4K3 »
GREAT find, i wanted to get one but 40 dollars for some plastic????
i want more of these finds man

Im sure many of us got jacked for this. I know i did. Thanks crew for looking out. So many shady people out there. I know times are hard but dam.

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FV-QR (dubsker)

Quote, originally posted by dubsker »
everyone did.
i cant say that i dont like my ecs one though.

Yeah I don't regret paying $40 back in the day . . . was a worthwhile mod at that price . . . it's a must at this price

Dave

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: FV-QR (dubsker)

Quote, originally posted by dubsker »
yeah, it use to be a "do it if you want mod"
now its, WHY NOT?

Well I'm interested to see if places that carry energy (like autozone, kragen, advance auto, pep boys) could special order it, thereby bypassing shipping fees. It is very conceivable that this could be had for $15 + tax with the OEM bolt.
Dave

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
FV-QR

Seriously... someone buy $50 worth and hand em out as christmas gifts to the tex

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: FYI: Polyurethane motor mount torque insert for $13 (crew219)

Thanks for the gem of info http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
...possibly a dumb question...
does the insert or stretch-bolt come with washer?
or we gotta hit up the local hardware store?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what are the specs on the washer?
ADD: Its not a case of BSH/Neuspeed?ECS "screwing" people. some parts are high margin and some aren't. PLus the market sort of dictates price. I look at it this way, If I had known about this part, was a business and thought to resell it.....knowing its like 16$ worth of parts....but ALL my competitors were selling it for 40, and the public was willing to pay 40, why not sell it for 40? Now if it is 16$ in parts selling for like 80...thats a diff story. I know Phil (BSH) personally, he is not out to screw anyone.

Modified by KingofCancer at 10:58 AM 10-31-2008

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Re: (KingofCancer)

wow nice work there finding this. I am also too late but at least now people will not get bent over for a piece of plastic. Now I wish they made the trans insert....

·
Registered
535 Posts
FV-QR

their site go down? aw, just when i was gunna order one. . .

i bet all the companies that sell the inserts for $45+ took down the site. . . </conspiracy>

1 - 20 of 80 Posts