VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 G-60 with a BBM twin screw blower, with a polished silencer kit, 3.5 FPR, BBM fuel rail, BBM stage 3 chip, BBM belt tensioner, TT full exhaust, no cat-converter- but has a O2 sensor, MSD ignition box, and MSD coil, TT cam 268/260, and I think thats it,
but when I pull the spark plugs out, they are white....
what should I look at or look for??
any help would be great, thanks and cheers

Jay

· Registered
1,129 Posts
I had some problems with my G60 running lean. Found out the factory fuel pump was weak. I installed an Inline Walbro 255lph fuel pump that I bought from Scott in the FI forum... problem solved- stays rich all the way to redline!
Also starts on the first crank every morning.

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (vdubin90)

Quote, originally posted by vdubin90 »
Which pulley are u running? Could be too much boost for the stg 3 chip. While ur at it, junk the chip, and get an sns.

Thats funny I've yet to see an SNS chip beat our performance.

· Registered
4,512 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (JBETZ)

John, You have absolutely great products for us G60 guys and really do take care of us. However, When did u last update the software?
-Greg

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (vdubin90)

John, You have absolutely great products for us G60 guys and really do take care of us. However, When did u last update the software?
-Greg

I'm not sure what the exact date would be off the top of my head.
We have made many changes over the past 11 years.
It can be changed when ever we feel the need.
This has not been necessary for quite some time unless it is required for a custom application.
We do get customers that want the rpm extended or deleted.
This is pretty common.

· Registered
7,729 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (JBETZ)

Not trying to start a fight John, jsut a question that had popped into my head? Keep up the good work. And Im guessing you prolly dont hear it enough, but a big thanks goes out to you for all the work you have done for us corrado guys. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
-Greg

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (Strictly Gravy)

Quote, originally posted by Strictly Gravy »
Not trying to start a fight John, jsut a question that had popped into my head? Keep up the good work. And Im guessing you prolly dont hear it enough, but a big thanks goes out to you for all the work you have done for us corrado guys. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
-Greg

I might have come off a little overly direct. No intentions of a battle. My personality is very to the point and can be misread at times. Thanks for the props. Always appreciate it when our customers voice it.

· Registered
7,729 Posts

I had thought I had jumped the gun, thats why i had gone into the anti-war mode.
And John, you are one of the few that keeps the Corrado g60 Alive AND tuneable. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Its guys like you that keep me coming back for more.
-Greg

· Registered
13,236 Posts

JOHN: I would be very defensive too if someone told me my products were junk.
Greg: What chips have you personally tested? And, do you personally have any wideband and/or Dyno data to back your recommendations? Just curious, because if you do, i'd like to ask you a few questions. I have tested quite a few chips, but unfortunately NOT BBM's so I can not comment specifically on theirs. What I can tell you is that I have not found the perfect chip thus far. ...even after many revisions. I can tell you that there are a few folks around here that are VERY happy with BBM's Chips.
To the Original Poster: Get some Wideband data to see where your fueling really is.
Shawn

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (sdezego)

Quote, originally posted by sdezego »
JOHN: I would be very defensive too if someone told me my products were junk.
Greg: What chips have you personally tested? And, do you personally have any wideband and/or Dyno data to back your recommendations? Just curious, because if you do, i'd like to ask you a few questions. I have tested quite a few chips, but unfortunately NOT BBM's so I can not comment specifically on theirs. What I can tell you is that I have not found the perfect chip thus far. ...even after many revisions. I can tell you that there are a few folks around here that are VERY happy with BBM's Chips.
To the Original Poster: Get some Wideband data to see where your fueling really is.
Shawn

I've done a ton of dyno testing and street testing over the years with wide band data collection. The highest HP #'s I've seen have been with our chips. We have burned a bagillion G60 chips for nearly 11 years now. I've found that basic tuning issues are 99.9% of the cause of cars running funky, lean or rich. This might be how the marketing of no lag or anti lag chips has come about. Wish I would have thought of this

· Registered
281 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JBETZ »

I've done a ton of dyno testing and street testing over the years with wide band data collection. The highest HP #'s I've seen have been with our chips. We have burned a bagillion G60 chips for nearly 11 years now. I've found that basic tuning issues are 99.9% of the cause of cars running funky, lean or rich. This might be how the marketing of no lag or anti lag chips has come about. Wish I would have thought of this

I have to say SNS is a company which only dedicates to program and develop software for Digifant-1. Probably JBETZ you can assemble motors 10x better than others but SNS can assemble chips 10x better than many people and developers would be able to do and make them do tricks like ANTI DIGI LAG which is a system that really WORKS and many people could tell it and Switch Chips for different Octane... so they are all very real products with real development time put in at low price, so that's the main reason why people directly prefer SNS, for me, the best.

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Re: g-60 running lean with aftermarkets stuff on it...any idea what to do?? (DAMACGON)

Quote, originally posted by DAMACGON »

I have to say SNS is a company which only dedicates to program and develop software for Digifant-1. Probably JBETZ you can assemble motors 10x better than others but SNS can assemble chips 10x better than many people and developers would be able to do and make them do tricks like ANTI DIGI LAG which is a system that really WORKS and many people could tell it and Switch Chips for different Octane... so they are all very real products with real development time put in at low price, so that's the main reason why people directly prefer SNS, for me, the best.

I'm glad that your happy with SNS

· Registered
569 Posts

Which pulley are u running? Could be too much boost for the stg 3 chip. While ur at it, junk the chip, and get an sns.

Boy, know your role and shut your mouth!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.