VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
I haven't seen an agreement that extensive before for a G-wagen, that's wild.

Can't die soon enough, there's no car I hate more.
Sorry to say the G-wagen isn't going anywhere. They have an electric version coming out shortly.

·
Registered
2018 GTI SE 3 Pedals
1,463 Posts
Sorry to say the G-wagen isn't going anywhere. They have an electric version coming out shortly.
I respect the normal, reasonably motored Gelandewagen, I grew up in Santa Fe where they were imported for years before MB brought them here. But the stupid side piped, all go, no turn, no brake, never going off road, driven by soccer moms G63 and 4x4 squared that litter this town are just Chargers for more affluent people looking to make the same vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
No, I meant it more like end of the line for Dealers. Not the G wagon. They are milking customers for every last penny because direct to consumer is coming.
That makes sense. I suspect the agency sales model they already implemented in Australia will be spreading around the world very soon.

·
Registered
'23 GTI S, '18 Camry SE, '15 F150 XLT, '91 GTI VR6
6,596 Posts
I thought maybe it was to curb black market exports to Russia. Seeing as they have requirements to bring it back after a year to make sure it’s being “used locally”

·
23,676 Posts
Wait, what's going on with point 5? Are they requiring you to place a deposit on a car that you didn't order when you pick yours up just so they can say they have a customer deposit for the next order/allocation?

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
9,863 Posts
Surrey/Guildford is an extremely wealthy suburb of London, a la Beverly Hills or Chappaqua or Villanova. My guess is they have plenty of buyers who just don't care and can easily get away with it.

Also, I know I shouldn't care but it really bugs me that they call it the G Wagon.

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
9,863 Posts
Wait, what's going on with point 5? Are they requiring you to place a deposit on a car that you didn't order when you pick yours up just so they can say they have a customer deposit for the next order/allocation?
That's how I read it. Which ironically I think would make the contract recursive. Infinite G-wagen loop!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Surrey/Guildford is an extremely wealthy suburb of London, a la Beverly Hills or Chappaqua or Villanova. My guess is they have plenty of buyers who just don't care and can easily get away with it.

Also, I know I shouldn't care but it really bugs me that they call it the G Wagon.
I believe this is Surrey, BC

·
Registered
25,445 Posts
I thought maybe it was to curb black market exports to Russia. Seeing as they have requirements to bring it back after a year to make sure it’s being “used locally”
Yeah that clause is weird. I was half expecting to see;

8. Monthly inspection to make certain vehicle has seen no off-pavement use or sweet jumps.

• Haha
Reactions: CostcoPizza

·
Registered
'91 GLI, '98 Vr6 GTI, '17 Golf R
843 Posts
This is all whistlindiesel's fault
If anything perhaps the opposite? Watching everything he threw at it so far, i was pretty impressed with how it performed. I can't say I ever paid any attention to them before, other than knowing my next door neighbor has one and they are expensive. Looks like they're following the Ferrari business model? Is this normal on Mercedes?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts