VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this for a buddy, i'll continue to search for the problem, but neither of us have ever owned a G60 before, and he recently got a raddo. some backround: Car has 250k + on it, it's running like 11psi, and was recently having problems keeping it running due to a bad motor mount (actually.. completely wrong mount) from the PO. PO also has the fuse box hanging down at the pedals.
it JUST started doing it, we were at a light and when he pressed the gas, it just kinda stuck. and has been doing it ever sense (yesterday).
I checked the pedal, nothing there, the throttle cable is definatly not stuck under the hood. To the best of my knowledge (without taking stuff apart) the butterfly's aren't mechanically stuck open either. Took a look at the fuse box, didn't seem to find anything wrong or blown.
SO, a guy he knows said it could be something with the timiing??? doesn't make sense to me.. but idk?

C'MON GUYS HELP THESE G60 NOOBS GET THIS THING RUNNING CORRECTLY!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Re: G60 rev's to 6g's in neutral!? (REALY)

Maybe the PO swapped in a Toyota gas pedal? (someone was bound to say it)
Check vacuum lines and throttle screw on the back of the TB. High revs usually means there is a leak somewhere. But a sticky pedal? That’s new to me. Maybe the TB is sticking open on WOT? Pop the boost tube off the throttle body and manually play with the throttle linkage, make sure it moves freely.
Not sure what else to suggest

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: G60 rev's to 6g's in neutral!? (jwatts)

that's what my local guy said http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
checking out the car when he gets off work, thanks for help fella's!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (ewillard)

eric! he won't let me fix it. lol.
i went over last week to try and fix it, and he is beyond un-motivated. lol
i really doubt it's anything big.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.