VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a G60 swap in about a week or two but my radiator is pissing coolant like crazy. Should I buy a factory 1.8l 8v digi radiator and install it or is there a way to install a G60 radiator so that I'm already prepped and ready for the motor a few weeks down the road?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
if u can get ahold of a G60 rad and dual rad fans....they will fit just minty....thats what im usin for my VR....u will also need the fan wiring and some love to get it wired up

but its well worth it

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (dubnut604)

When you say love, how much are we talking here? What's a good candidate for yanking the dual fans and wiring off of?

Modified by quadmodrophenia at 6:29 PM 5-17-2004

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Re: (dubnut604)

Quote, originally posted by dubnut604 »
if u can get ahold of a G60 rad and dual rad fans....they will fit just minty....thats what im usin for my VR....u will also need the fan wiring and some love to get it wired up

but its well worth it

Dubnut604 already said exactly what I did with my VR as well. Just do it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Re: (quadmodrophenia)

Quote, originally posted by quadmodrophenia »
Won't the dual fan get in the way of the gladder?

Good question, I have never done a G-60 swap. I know my dual fan shroud resides about 1/4 of an inch from my intake manifold. Close, but it never touches. Sorry I could not be of more help!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bump. come on guys parts store closes in a few hours and I need to get this sorted out.
Why do you need to add the second fan? Does it get in the way of the gladder? How much wiring will I have to screw with?
I'm going to try the corrado forums, thanks and keep the ideas comming.

Modified by quadmodrophenia at 6:55 PM 5-17-2004

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (TwinScrew20v)

Alright so tonight I'm ordering a G60 radiator, fan, upper and lower hoses and a thermostat. I thought that the 1.8l fan would hook right up, is it not angled or is the G60 fan just better?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts

has anybody tried the b3 passat fan shroud??
its a dual fan setup but on fan is controlled by a belt http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,874 Posts

Bingo...
As for the Dual fan...It will not clear the G-Lader. The VR6 dual fan shround from a Rado is actually thinner...In the end it cuased me to seize two Lysholms (which have about an inch more clearance than a G-Lader) That clearance is a bad thing to play around with...

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Re: (v_dubguy2004)

Quote, originally posted by v_dubguy2004 »
but wouldnt a regular 8v g60 have more clearence than your 20v??
Nope...The only difference between my motor and an 8v G60 is basically the head. The charger bracket and all of the accesories (short of the alternator) are bolted to the block. I used almost everything below the head from an 8v G60...Even the BBM Lysholm kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts