VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6,445 Posts
Double check injector wiring, make sure they aren't grounding out. (I believe the batch firing pulses the ground, so accidentally grounding that wire would cause them lock open) instant flood! Probably instant hydro lock you would know if it was that one.
Other then that ,need more info. Is everything else stock, nobody stuffed some 32# OR 45# injectors in there before you got it did they? Was it ever running in that car? Did it ever start? etc.

· Registered
6,445 Posts
This might sound silly and might be way off base. But I was having a spark problem when I first did my swap, It had the same symtoms. I was chasing a rich conditon, but it was a weak/missing spark that was the problem.
The plugs would be wet if you pulled them. If it did happen to start it ran it ran like turd and stunk like raw gas. fouled up the plugs right away and usually sputtered and stalled.
Check yopur constant power going into coil, and make sure it's on the + terminal. Make sure you Green dwell wire is on the - terminal. Make sure you have a good ground on the motor, you need a good ground on the head for a good spark.
I'm just throwng that out there. There is a chance it could be numerous other things. A jammed up fuel pressure regulator, pinched return line. Injector ground fault, low voltage will cause a run rich, but usually not to the point you are describing.
Also check to make sure your WOT and Idle switches are wired correctly (reversed will cause a no run/spewing black over fueling at idle) or that your WOT switch or wiring is not damaged and constantly telling the ECU your are WOT.

· Registered
819 Posts
Re: (G60 Carat)

Quote, originally posted by G60 Carat »
This might sound silly and might be way off base. But I was having a spark problem when I first did my swap, It had the same symtoms. I was chasing a rich conditon, but it was a weak/missing spark that was the problem.

What was the cause of your week spark condition? I am troubleshooting a warm start issue and am leaning towards week spark being the issue.

Modified by mattrip at 2:52 PM 3-24-2010

· Registered
6,445 Posts
Well I kept fixing things until the spark came back. So which one fixed it, I'm not clear.
But I replaced the Green wire off the ecu with a new one closer to the ECU main connector. I had no ground on the cylinder head at all, so I made my own grounding kit. Also the coil was relayed (Like how people relay their headlights). I also power my ECU off that same relay.
Recently did an adjustable Voltage regulator too, so the ECU and Coil are seeing 14.5V. But the cylinder head really needs to have a good ground for the plugs to fire nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.