VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: G60: thermostat housing (helldriver1)

wouldn't that be the supercharger? lol

Modified by Kameirocco at 2:18 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: G60: thermostat housing (Kameirocco)

If ya look underneath your car at where your smaller v-belt is that drive's off the crank pulley your waterpump and your powersteering pump, that's the lowest unit that's clearly visible, that's your powersteering pump, you can see with a flashlight the thermostat housing just above the aluminum mounting bracket for the powersteering pump.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Re: G60: thermostat housing (Kameirocco)

*While your down there you might want to upgrade that weak plastic that like to break and leak thermostat housing to an aluminum kind which you can find in a cabriolet A1 and some A2`s. Go to the J/Y and pocket one

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Re: G60: thermostat housing (djrado)

Wait until you try to get that new thermostat in there... I've got a new one sitting on a shelf in the garage somewhere because I spent something like 2 hours lying on my back in a puddle of antifreeze trying to get the new thermostat to go back where the one that had been in there for 150k miles had been. I finally gave up and stuffed the old one back in. There was some slight variation in the new thermostat design that seemed to require turning the waterpump upside down to install the thermostat correctly.
I've done a few VW thermostats on A1's before. The one on the corrado G60 had me really p!$$ed off that day...
I guess that's what I get for getting a thermostat from the VW dealer instead of the corner auto parts store...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts