VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is in FAQ but i'm not finding the info i need

I have a 1990 g60 and a 2000 vr6 motor, trans,harness ,computer and any front suspension parts from a 2000 gti vr6 could you point me in a direction as to what I need . i know it would be easy to just buy a vr6 corrado but the parts are so cheep . thanks

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Re: G60 to vr6 (ludicrist)

uhh sell all the parts you have and your can and buy a VR6 like you said... cause it's alot of work... i wish i could help more but i don't plan to do it myself... but i thought about it...
but i am not sure if it were the Euro corrados or the US but i know one of them had the subframes completely redesigned...
for those who like the "euro" look you might want to invest into a G60 hood cause euro corrado'sall have that hood so i guess the euro's had alot of sub frame changes... but i could be wrong sorry if most of this was wrong it's just what i hear from time to time...except the euro hood thing.. i got that from a reputable source

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: G60 to vr6 (vdubCorrado)

I just figured I'm getting the engine trans harness and ecu for the price to rebuild the g charger how about the suspension would like to use that off the gti also

·
Registered
405 Posts

i'm sure if you 1. are mechanically inclined 2. have a bently repair manual and 3. the right tools, you could do it. however it is not easy from what i hear at all. check out http://www.corrado-club.com may be some awnsers there in the tech area. but i mean you gotta have alot of time and patience if you really wanna do it, what i would do if you really want a vr6 is sell the g60 and all the other stuff you have and buy one. or sell all the other stuff and work on the g60
just my 2¢

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: G60 to vr6 (tiredofh2o3)

Suspension is a no-go, pretty different design.
The engine could be made to work, check out the FAQ up top - there's a vr6 swap topic there.
-Nate

·
Registered
498 Posts

OK the swap is not that hard... but the parts you have will not be the easiet way to do it.
the suspension compnents won't work.. the engine, trans, etc.... can be made to work but wiring it up won't be easy.
the newer mk4 cars are not central electric2 cars(CE2)
the best way to go is to get engine and harness+ecu out of a 98 or earlier VR6 car.
then it would not be to bad of a swap...
we have one that we are doing write now, should be done tonight....
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts