VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. im a corrado newbie here, and I just wanted to know if theres any way to tell a g60 corrado apart from a vr6 (all i've seen are badgeless with wheels that hide the lugs) I was told by somebody that the cars use different hoods due the motor height and different fenders due to the wider track of plus suspension. can anyone confirm or deny this? any other ways to differentiate the two would be nice. thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: g60 & vr6 hoods (JNXtheband)

thats true about the fenders, but I doubt you would notice. Another thing is the corrado has a detail line in the top of the front and rear bumpers, the G60 one curls up in an arc about 1" in from the fender on both the front and rear, where the VR6 one just fades away... also, the G60 has a very multislat grill, where as the VR6 has a 4 bar. The VR6 says SLC on the back as the model. Another quick thing is that the G60 has 4 lugs (if exposed) and the VR6 has 5. The front signals on a G60 are orange stock (can be changed to clear) but them and the fogs are recessed about 1/4" - 1/2", if not more, where as the VR6 ones sit flush with the front of the bumper. The G60 also has brake vent ducts down in the lower grill in the bumper on the outtermost parts, where the VR6 juts has more grill. Those are all I can really think of off my head besides the hood.

·
Registered
16,879 Posts
Re: g60 & vr6 hoods (B(C)orrado)

Careful It ratyher easy to start a flaming contest whenever any differances between the cars are brought up.
the hood differance is easier to see when you look at a close up profile of the hoods.
the fender flaring NEEDS to be side by side if you are to notice
there are many minute differances if you starting looking up the skirts of these two girls. the sticky topic probably has all of them(I've never read this topic)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Re: g60 & vr6 hoods (JNXtheband)

quote:[HR][/HR]hi guys. im a corrado newbie here, and I just wanted to know if theres any way to tell a g60 corrado apart from a vr6 ...[HR][/HR]​
The G60 will be the one in front

EDIT: Okay, I'll stop being an ass. You can hear the difference between between the two. Both have very distinctive exhaust notes.

[Modified by Blown6T, 10:10 AM 10-4-2002]

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: g60 & vr6 hoods (Blown6T)

quote:[HR][/HR]
The G60 will be the one in front

EDIT: Okay, I'll stop being an ass. You can hear the difference between between the two. Both have very distinctive exhaust notes.[HR][/HR]​
in front on a tow truck dosent count

i should said im not that much of a newbie

thanks guys, i've now determined that the corrado i saw was an SLC, thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by JNXtheband, 10:21 AM 10-4-2002]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.