VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its the middle of the summer and I have just graduated from college. I have a trusty 1990 G60 but the 2 owners before me buffed the S out of it. thus it is no longer shiny. I started the body work last week and this is how far I am after 6 days and around "35 hours, I work during the day and take this car to work." I am respraying it the same tornado red, however i really want it a few hues darker.
I have more pictures to take and more has been done to it but i will upload them in a little bit.

Modified by DrivenNails at 2:51 PM 7-15-2009
I also found this pic of this corrado from 2 owners ago. I'm hoping to restore it to this shape, lol.

These are the ones I took today and I am still working on

3 different colors lol...

Modified by DrivenNails at 5:01 PM 7-15-2009

Modified by DrivenNails at 5:02 PM 7-15-2009

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: G6660 Daily Driver Repaint Thread (cocotaso218)

My friend is the pervious owner of this car. The paint was thin before he owned it. The paint was getting a little thin on it and it needs a respray. You will really need to keep a good coat of wax on it to keep it nice.
The roof is an after market roof that was installed by an independent shop.
If you want any more of the previous history he or I might be able to help.

Modified by vwhead5223 at 9:59 AM 7-16-2009

Modified by vwhead5223 at 10:02 AM 7-16-2009

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Re: G6660 Daily Driver Repaint Thread (vwhead5223)

I'm the previous, previous owner that owned that C from '99-'08.
I lost interest (and lack of funding) keeping it on the road the best I could. A paintjob was one of those things I would have loved to do in the long run, so I'm glad to see it's in good hands.
When did you buy it? Hell, I only sold it in June of last year and it's in new hands already?

Hit me up if you have any questions, can't wait to see how it turns out! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: G6660 Daily Driver Repaint Thread (ERockG60)

yeah i bought it from john he only wanted for last summer and then he wasn't really interested. so i always wanted a corrado and i had a scirocco for 4 years. I loved this car the minute i saw it. so i drove it from john an i instantly fell in love. So yeah i VW Corrado is awesome. I was skeptical about buying it cause john said he only bought it in april of last year. but yeah i dont know why he even bought it? Haha oh well. The car is comin along. Please let me know if you know some special things i should know about thats not on that red paper that i got from john that you made.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: G6660 Daily Driver Repaint Thread (DrivenNails)

Update that i did today

I'm gonna keep truckin'

Modified by DrivenNails at 7:15 PM 9-22-2009

Modified by DrivenNails at 7:17 PM 9-22-2009

Modified by DrivenNails at 7:23 PM 9-22-2009

Modified by DrivenNails at 6:20 PM 9-22-2009

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Re: G6660 Daily Driver Repaint Thread (DrivenNails)

Really starting to look good and come around. If it was me I would shave those side markers. but that's just me.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.