VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41,655 Posts
My theory on Jon Snow:

Jon Snow is the son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Eddard Stark's sister Lyanna. He absorbed the blame so Jon would not be murdered by the Baratheon's/ Lannister's everyone else.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,027 Posts
I hadn't heard the theory anywhere else, but my wife and I speculated on it a couple of years ago after we finished the 4th book. Actually, it was her idea.

That said, I wonder if Tywin is still going to get a bolt in the belly while he's on the ****ter. I wonder if he'll stay as Hand and not his brother. He's popular with the viewers. I think that's why they shifted Bronn into Illyn Payne's role of Jaime's trainer.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
He's popular with the viewers. I think that's why they shifted Bronn into Illyn Payne's role of Jaime's trainer.
The actor that plays Ilyn Payne was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and won't be returning to the show; they had to replace Jaime's trainer. Though as far as using Bronn as opposed to anyone else, you're probably right. He's a very popular character, and maximizing his screen time was a wise move.

·
Chili Bigot
20,027 Posts
The actor that plays Ilyn Payne was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and won't be returning to the show; they had to replace Jaime's trainer. Though as far as using Bronn as opposed to anyone else, you're probably right. He's a very popular character, and maximizing his screen time was a wise move.
Damn, that's right! I forgot about his illness. :(

·
Chili Bigot
20,027 Posts
I think so.

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,593 Posts
Interesting...

Further evidence to the truth of this theory in the eighth Eddard chapter of A Game of Thrones, in which Ned contemplates the significance of King Robert's bastards. As he muses, Ned's thoughts drift to Jon Snow, a logical segue, but also to his sister Lyanna, the promise he made her, and to Rhaegar Targaryen, implying some tacit link between the three individuals.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow/Theories

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Really disappointed that the mountain didn't cut that stable boy in half like he did in the books. I can't 100% remember if it was a stable boy, but I know there was some body watching the match that was standing too close and got hacked when the viper dodged out of the way. Would have been hysterically awesome

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Have you guys seen the article IGN puts out after every show discussing the differences, additions and changes made between the newest episode and the books? It offers a great refresher...

·
Chili Bigot
20,027 Posts
After, Stannis shows up and Mance is captured. They swapped babies with Mance's baby-momma to avoid having him sacrificed by Melissandre (royal blood, etc...).

·
Chili Bigot
20,027 Posts
Interesting realignment w/re to Sandor and Brienne fighting. I was wondering what the producers were doing after the fight at the inn when he walked away unscathed. I thought maybe they were planning to keep him around indefinitely. Having them meet up with Brienne and Podrick was a tidy way to clean up the latter's aimless rambling story-arc wandering around the woods for the entire book a the pointless quest.

Good finale! I was nervous as a cat that they were going to make us wait until next season before we got to see Tywin get his. :thumbup:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Any thoughts on killing of Jojen? Pointless character once Bran gets to the tree??

The Mance/Jon/Stannis scene was great. :Thumbup:

Are we going to see Dorne and Braavos next season? Tyrion running around? Any thoughts?

·
Chili Bigot
20,027 Posts
Jojen fulfilled his role. He's an easy character to kill off. The story arc re Mance's baby son is missing. Maybe they'll bring him in next season. Also, no Cold Hands. I am surprised he's been left out, but then no one who only watches the show will probably remember Uncle Benjen.

Was the last book or the next to the last book that literally starts in Dorne? I'm thinking that Doran Martell will show up next season. Braavos will be a big player next season, I think. Arya's story is there exclusively at this point forward, Sam and Gilly show up there, and Tyrion passes through on his way east.

As for the Iron Islanders, I'm wondering if Theon's three uncles won't show up next season with that magic horn, et al... Rumor has it, its the same one that's capable of bringing down the Wall.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts