VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official TCL 'what's your gas price in yer neck of the woods?' poll

• It's below $4 a gallon! Time for me to get a Hellcat!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
15,775 Posts
The Raconteurs, Steady, as She Goes

We were good with iut Iran before, will be good without now:

Although EIA forecasts Iranian crude oil production and exports to decline, crude oil supply from other countries—including some from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries—are expected to mostly offset the lost Iranian barrels in the coming months. Increases in crude oil production in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, and Russia is expected to largely backfill the lower Iranian production, though these countries will likely wait until their June meeting to make any decisions regarding production increases.

https://www.ogj.com/articles/2019/05/eia-revises-upwards-its-oil-price-forecasts-for-2019-20.html

Steady As She Goes:

Brent crude oil spot prices averaged $71 per barrel (b) in April, up $5/b from March 2019 and just below the price in April of last year. EIA forecasts Brent spot prices will average $70/b in 2019 and $67/b in 2020, both about $5/b higher than in last month’s STEO, compared with an average of $71/b in 2018. EIA’s higher Brent crude oil price forecast reflects tighter expected global oil market balances in mid-2019 and increasing supply disruption risks globally.

For the 2019 summer driving season, which runs from April through September, EIA forecasts that U.S. regular gasoline retail prices will average $2.92 per gallon (gal), up from an average of $2.85/gal last summer. The higher forecast gasoline prices primarily reflect EIA’s expectation of higher gasoline refining margins this summer, despite slightly lower crude oil prices.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report/prices.php

·
Registered
15,775 Posts
Cheap As Fek In NC

Just got the oil changed in the FiST, so my mpg probably went up a full 2% :laugh: She averages 35 mpg and guess what?

Price for gas, the cheap stuff is $2.14 to $2.16. I splurge on premium, no feks given to the political side show.

I'm burning fossil as fast as possible.

·
Registered
15,775 Posts
View attachment 140483
It was nice this Shell didn’t shut off at $100. E38 has a 22 some odd gallon tank.
Ok sir, have a seat. Thank you. Now, we've went over the disparity in total price paid between you ($113.25) and Burnette ($41.99).

Given the income difference, the location difference with Burnette being in NC, you in California, it is in our summation that what you each paid is essentially the same.

Your current predicament is fully illustrated below:
Cartoon Facial expression Dog Organ Organism

·
Registered
15,775 Posts
Gas tax in the Netherlands is hella high:

The Netherlands has the highest gas tax in the European Union, at €0.81 per liter ($3.51 per gallon). Italy is second, at €0.73 per liter ($3.14 per gallon), followed by Finland and Greece, which have a tax of €0.72 and €0.70 per liter ($3.13 and $3.02 per gallon), respectively.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts