VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official TCL 'what's your gas price in yer neck of the woods?' poll

• It's below $4 a gallon! Time for me to get a Hellcat!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1841 - 1860 of 1903 Posts

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
41,358 Posts
Paid 3.93 today in Grantham NH, then saw 3.83 in Northwood NH. It was back around 4.35 when I crossed into Maine.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
$5.249 (including $0.05 "club" member discount) in suburbs of Boston.

Down from a high of $5.949 on June 8. Down $0.20 since the last time I put gas in that car (17 days ago).

Even with the slightly lower cost per gallon, it was the most gas I've bought at one time in a while (almost 15 gallons) so it was a bit over $75. :cautious:

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
SPR draws are supposed to continue until October, so as to get us through the election, right?
I won't speculate on motivations, but the current draws are scheduled through October. They could theoretically be extended, but at the current rate not more than another 6-8 months before the low SPR becomes a security risk (the whole point was originally so the military could still operate during wartime if Middle East oil supplies were cut off like during the Arab Oil Embargo). The release made sense if you thought this was a temporary supply disruption (the Biden administration explained the first SPR releases a year ago as dealing with post-COVID supply chain issues), but make no sense if you think this is a longer-term structural issue (I tend to).

I think over the longer term (5-10 year timescale), accelerating EV adoption and things like rooftop solar will bring down or at least level off demand, and some long cycle projects will be incentivized to come online. But until then we could be stuck with high energy prices.

1841 - 1860 of 1903 Posts