VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official TCL 'what's your gas price in yer neck of the woods?' poll

• It's below $4 a gallon! Time for me to get a Hellcat!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1861 - 1880 of 1903 Posts

·
Registered
51,424 Posts

·
Registered
Audi S4, e-Tron, and a Toyota appliance
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,870 ·
We have cracked the seal

Greater Fort Worth area
View attachment 218338
We've finally matched the prices in Dallas/Ft. Worth area in San Antonio. Local Costco is showing $2.95 for regular, and $3.45 for premium. I filled up my tank for $45 total, and I was running on fumes. (y)

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
41,358 Posts
Another ten cent drop last night.

·
Registered
37,204 Posts
I've been watching the data from the EIA most of this year and the big one to me was the chart all the way at the very end of their page of data: Gasoline demand

Rectangle Azure Slope Plot Font

Gas prices were already on their way up all through 2020 and 2021, but once gas prices started going absolutely insane in March this year demand leveled off. The previous year that's when the spring break and summer season started to get under way and demand rose up before falling after Labor Day. Instead we went from significantly higher demand at the end of 2021 and early 2022 to even demand April-July, and finally demand destruction took over after July 4th weekend and it's been below and modestly falling since even though gas prices have been falling since July 4th.

I'm not sure where it goes from here for either demand or prices, but it was interesting to see that we did indeed have actual usage drop well below last year after July 4th. I think a lot of people had made summer vacation plans well before the gas prices went wild and couldn't reasonably cancel them, but the post July 4 plans were likely less set in stone for a lot of families and plans changed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Prices are whack here (Melbourne Australia). Some places have 91 for $1.55 a litre, some have $1.51 and some have it for $1.95.

1 litre = .26 gallons. 1 gallon = 3.79 litres

1.55 x 3.79 = $5.87 a gallon roughly.

It also goes up nationwide on Sept 29 by 29 centres a litre. Yay.

·
Registered
'18 Camry SE, '15 F150 XLT, '05 Golf, '91 GTI VR6
5,486 Posts
Gas prices have continued to drop here, we're at or below the $3.50 mark at most stations around here (except for the Mobil down the street that likes to rip off highway travelers) but what's interesting is that diesel has ticked up from ~4.85 to $5.30 in the past week or two. I'm surprised all the diesel bros aren't rioting in the streets. Maybe the $6+/gal prices shocked them enough earlier this summer that $5.30 "ain't so bad"

·
Registered
37,204 Posts
Also China's demand is below average right now. Could be they are going to head into recession, or it could be they are wrapping up all their pandemic lockdowns and China's oil consumption will soon come back too. It's hard to make a case for oil/gasoline continuing to get much cheaper unless we really do go into a pronounced recession.

Rectangle Slope Water Plot Font

1861 - 1880 of 1903 Posts