VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: gasoline AC (peatr999)

its your charcoal canister under teh fender well and it probably has a backed up line. mine has the same thing, just turn on recirculate and you cant even smell it. when i had to move it lower i believe i broke mine so i need a new one but check the lines if they are plugged up

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: gasoline AC (HatchbackKid)

thanks
also is it dangerous since i smell gasoline? like is anything going to blow up or catch on fire because i don't like exploding and catching on fire is bad

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: gasoline AC (peatr999)

The smell shouldn't be dangerous because it is mixed in with air (O, N, CO2, CO). Just like at a gas station. You smell gas everywhere but the gas does not ignite because of the low concentration of gas even though cars are running when they pull out and stuff.
I remember learning about that stuff. There was a scientific term for this but I don't remember

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: gasoline AC (HatchbackKid)

quote:[HR][/HR]its your charcoal canister under teh fender well and it probably has a backed up line. mine has the same thing, just turn on recirculate and you cant even smell it. when i had to move it lower i believe i broke mine so i need a new one but check the lines if they are plugged up[HR][/HR]​
are you sure its the charcoal? i checked it and i can't seem to tell if thats it or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.