VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cluster

Is it true that there is a recall on the digital instrument bezel in some A4's? My information screen has lines through it - and a buddy of mine told me that i can be replaced by Audi as it is defective. Is this true?
I called the stealership today, and the cork soaker at parts was being quite rude on the phone with me

Any experiences with defective information screens in the cluster or on the climate control?
Thanks!
Here's the car:

Modified by Joolz84 at 3:15 PM 4-16-2007

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Re: Cluster (Joolz84)

there is a thread on audizine about it...they are trying to put together a petition or something, the more people the better

·
Registered
917 Posts
Re: Cluster (Euro-tuner)

any links to this petition? I did a quick look on audizine, but couldn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
138 Posts
so I have a 1.8tq and the digital part my on gauges is basically unreadable. its just a bunch of lines. is there anyway to fix that or is there anywhere to get a replacement without it being 1200 bucks?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: (ducatipaso)

yeah thats what i've noticed. you would think audi would do a recall on them. any suggestions on where I could pick up the part?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Re: gauge cluster issues (TheStryder)

Quote »
1200 bucks?

the part is 750, once you have it get someone with vag-com (locally to you) and have them send new numbers to the new gauge
another route is to get a used gauge and send it out to california, place called (I can't find it right now) and have them program it with new millage for about 150

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Re: (gregg3gs)

yea mine has those stupid lines, tonight while i was driving that it didn't want to show anything at all, just black, it actually looks clean without it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gauge cluster replacement? Will I have a problem?

I would like to replace my gauge cluster with a used one from a junked car. I was wondering if anyone knows if I might have a problem with the new cluster and the car playing well together. What can I expect if I swap out another cluster. Will the cars computer have a reaction to the cluster with different mileage or anything? I really just need to replace the center information display but I think a cluster replacement will be easier. Also do I need to get a cluster for the exact year and engine? Does the transmission type play into it as well?
Anybody done this before?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The milage will be of the car they came from.

·
Registered
04 24v GTI, 94 Vento 2.0, 80 Caddy, 76 Scorpion
7,842 Posts
if ur replacing the cluster to fix the 'missing lines' you'll just end up with another cluster with 'missing lines'

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Re: (ducatipaso)

Quote, originally posted by ducatipaso »
if ur replacing the cluster to fix the 'missing lines' you'll just end up with another cluster with 'missing lines'

Yup...

Wasnt there something on audizine or world about a class action lawsuit for that?

·
Registered
04 24v GTI, 94 Vento 2.0, 80 Caddy, 76 Scorpion
7,842 Posts
search. this is a common problem. you cannot replace the LCD only. don't waste your time/money on a used cluster.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can I get a little more help on that? I tried a search on a bunch of different names, like: cluster display, guage display, lcd display, dash cluster, information center, and such. So either the right name or a link or just the answer would help. thanx

1 - 20 of 44 Posts