VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come. The supercharger is installed, and I really should install a couple of gauges. Most important is a boost gauge, followed by oil temp & pressure.
Question is, where do you put them in a 24v. I've seen alot of older Mk4s use the space above their single DIN stereo. But I'd really rather not replace the Monsoon just to install 3 gauges.
I'm considering Supreme Power's double gauge A-pillar mount, but I'm not thrilled with the "HEY CHECK IT OUT! LOOK AT MY BOOST GAUGE!" attitude that comes with it.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: Gauges... Where to put 'em? (Nickel98)

I am not sure if you'll be able to find a more subtle location than the A-pillar. It seems to look pretty good to me and it also seems to be nicely visible and unobstructed from the driver seat. I like it... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

i think the a-pillar is the best place to put a boost gauge, b/c you're going to want to see it while you're driving.
as for everything else, your best bet is above the single din if you ever decide to swap out the monsoon.
not to long ago, i saw a thread over in the mkiv forum about someone building a kit that would allow boost, oil temp, etc to be displayed on the mfi computer in the cluster (if you have one of those)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Gauges... Where to put 'em? (jae)

quote:[HR][/HR]
not to long ago, i saw a thread over in the mkiv forum about someone building a kit that would allow boost, oil temp, etc to be displayed on the mfi computer in the cluster (if you have one of those)[HR][/HR]​
That sounds like a sweet solution. Anyone know anything else about this?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Re: Gauges... Where to put 'em? (jae)

not to long ago, i saw a thread over in the mkiv forum about someone building a kit that would allow boost, oil temp, etc to be displayed on the mfi computer in the cluster (if you have one of those)[HR][/HR]​
Can you use a VAG-COM to program the MFI to say whatever you would like? I would be willing to bet that there are already oil temp and pressure sensors in the car. If you could just find the values the ECU is recieving from these sensors and display them in the MFI you would be all set. And if you wanted an inconspicous place for the boost gauge, just do what the guy before me said.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts

Any other ideas?[HR][/HR]​
hey thats mine! i like the single but the double was too much of an eyesore. in my corrado i had a dual gauge setup in the console tray, oil pres, and volt. for boost the a-pillar is a good place because its in your eyeline.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Re: Gauges... Where to put 'em? (JediCorrado)

Won't mounting the guages in the a-pillar get in the way of the a-pillar airbags...wouldn't that be a bit dangerous? Does it obstruct operation of the air bag?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.