VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Re: (Magnus2387)

Quote, originally posted by Magnus2387 »

Sounds good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Im dying for pics of the new gauge from what I hear the font is also similar to vw's cluster

What gauge do you get with this buy? New or old?

·
Banned
8,951 Posts
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! (G*T*I*M*K*V)

Hi Guys, we've reached the maximum allowed spots for the group buy.
Thanks to all that participated! These gauges are scheduled to arrive at AWE at the end of the month and should be here the first week or early the second week of february. The only thing that will set this back is a customs delay.
Thanks again!
-Phill

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! ([email protected])

Thanks for hosting this group buy phil http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif its crazy that it is almost over
i cant wait to get the package in the mail

·
Banned
8,951 Posts
Re: (SneakyStella)

Quote, originally posted by SneakyStella »
sure hope that gauge matches as well as Phil claimes

So do I

AWE is a good company
I wouldn't worry about the descriptions.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
has anyone called to see if you have the older style if they would give you a deal to buy the new one?

·
Banned
8,951 Posts
Re: (crazywayne311)

Quote, originally posted by crazywayne311 »
has anyone called to see if you have the older style if they would give you a deal to buy the new one?

The old style are long gone in terms of brand new ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! ([email protected])

That's too bad that the group buy is over - I was still seriously considering picking one of these up! There's probably enough demand to continue the group buy if you keep it running = more guaranteed cash for you!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! (Magnus2387)

Quote, originally posted by Magnus2387 »
the group buy was capped at 50 by request of AWE

WTFFFF!!!

I was waiting until the end of the month and saving up money for this one because you said it's gonna last until 01/31
I would've got it much earlier if I knew it wouldn't last this long
Pleaaaaase, let me get it for $165 may be?? Please?

·
Registered
307 Posts
another willing buyer here that has been out playing soldier for a while.
Phil, can you ask to see if they will make more? even if shipping is pushed off for the late ones a bit. If so, i'm in.
germs

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! (Keden)

Quote, originally posted by Keden »

WTFFFF!!!

I was waiting until the end of the month and saving up money for this one because you said it's gonna last until 01/31
I would've got it much earlier if I knew it wouldn't last this long
Pleaaaaase, let me get it for $165 may be?? Please?

quoting Phil from the original GolfMKV thread
Quote »

Hi folks,
My initial intent for this GB was for it to be between 15-20 people. Clearly it has become significantly larger then that. On my end this is ok, I make less on every part but sell more to even it out. Plus I like being able to provide good deals. The interactions with many of you were the first of what I hope to be a long lasting relationship between you and BSH.
The reality is there are other business's who make a living selling AWE parts. To protect their other dealers AWE requested that the GB be capped off on Friday. This GB was taking to much business from other vendors and was never authorized to be anything near the size it got to.
I respect AWE and I respect other business's who make a living selling parts. As a member of the industry I can not carelessly take from the lively hood of other vendors especially when respectfully approached by the manufacturer of the product.
As for customers involved, every single person who contacted me or purchased online has been added to the list. Not a single person who made the effort was left out.
I am grateful for everyone who stuck out this long wait. You will all be getting the gauge kit you wanted at a price promised to you months back. Thank you all for participating.
-Phil

·
Registered
467 Posts

Quote: "Once BSH receives the gauges they will update the pictures, they say it will be similar but with a sliver lining to match the factory gauges. "
Has anyone received this gauge pod yet? I called AWE today as I am willing to pay retail. I was told the gauge does not have the aluminum ring that matches the GTI gauges. I thought I read here that it did. I was told the gauge has matching LED color but the outside of the gauge is as shown in the picture.
So my question is was the aluminum trim around the gauge only available in the group buy or did it not happen?
The pod itself without the gauge is also available for those who already have a gauge.

Modified by WLF at 12:48 PM 1-21-2008

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! (WLF)

so you order it from the main website link that shows the price @ $189?
i know it has been said that the GB pricing will not be reflected until the end, but is there anything else i do besides ordering the kit from their main page?
any help is appreciated! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! (helement2003)

The groupbuy is over it has already reached maximum amount of people. If you want to purchase a gauge the regular price is 189 from awe http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
the silver lining around the guage was just speculation from some of the groupbuy participants. we dont know what the guage will look like until the supplier receives the guages

Modified by Magnus2387 at 10:34 AM 1-21-2008

·
Registered
467 Posts

If I pay full price, will the new gauge have the aluminum ring matching the dash? I called AWE and they said the new gauge does not have the aluminum ring.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Re: AWE Boost Gauge Group Buy In Effect!! (WLF)

Quote, originally posted by WLF »
If I pay full price, will the new gauge have the aluminum ring matching the dash? I called AWE and they said the new gauge does not have the aluminum ring.

if you spoke with awe recently, then no silver lining

61 - 80 of 102 Posts