VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Re: Gear ratios for newer transmissions? (Hybrid VW)

I think the New Beetle Turbo S has the 02M tranny.
Here are the ratios from my Car and Driver magazine
1-3.42
2-2.11
3-1.48
4-1.15
5-1.17
6-0.97
Final drive 3.88(1,2,3,4 gears)
3.10(5, 6 gears

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Gear ratios for newer transmissions? (Aw614)

Thanks! Is there anyplace on the web that may have the different versions? I think they have one for the 150 horse TDI in Europe, but I don't know if the ratios are any different.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I called Kraftswerk, Shawn is definately a cool guy. Looks like I'm going to be geared to run 228 mph
I guess I just need more power

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Gear ratios for newer transmissions? (Jota)

Right now I've got an 020 with FF gears, 3.67 final drive, and a Quaife. Since I've broken 3 gears now, I'm looking to take care of that problem
I just picked up an 02M six speed that should put a rest to "broken tranny syndrome". http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Still need to get it installed, though- it'll take some fabrication to get it in there.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Gear ratios for newer transmissions? (Jota)

Absolutely!!
I'd prefer to sell it locally to avoid having to ship it, but we could probably work something if I can't find a local that wants it. I'm thinkin' $1500

·
Registered
2,943 Posts

Im sure we can work something out. Get in touch with me when you have the tranny swap done. Good luck and let me know what you have to do to make the O2M fit.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Gear ratios for newer transmissions? (16volt)

Yeah, but as the thoery goes, I won't be chewing up any in this tranny. And if I do, I still be left with a respectable 5-speed, instead of a "lowly" 4-speed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.