VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’m trying to figure out if my car is tuned or not, I bought it used. I have a Gen 3 2013.5 GLI. I don’t have a boost guage, OBD Fusion is showing 18 psi, anyone using an obd scanner on a tuned motor have any numbers? Car does not feel like stage 2 even with those numbers, could boost curve still be in the car if previous owner detuned it? If not guess it’s time for a real boost guage.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You'd be able to tell if you were tuned.
You can always send your VIN to the different manufacturers (APR, Unitronic, etc) to see if they ever sold a tune for that specific car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd be able to tell if you were tuned.
You can always send your VIN to the different manufacturers (APR, Unitronic, etc) to see if they ever sold a tune for that specific car.
The car was tuned stage 2 by Unitronic by the previous owner, the car doesn’t feel like a tuned car though, feels fairly slow for being a stage 2 car, which makes me think the previous owner may have detuned to stock before selling. Feels stock to me even though it’s reading 18 psi of boost. I’m going to get it reflashed and see if it changed, maybe i’m just used to the power and think it’s slow. You’re on stage two, how’s the power? Any wheel spin in second? I don’t spin at all past mid rpm range in first, which is just a little tire chirping.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You’re on stage two, how’s the power? Any wheel spin in second? I don’t spin at all past mid rpm range in first, which is just a little tire chirping.
I can spin the tires all the way through most of third gear if I try hard enough.

·
Registered
2017 GLI
333 Posts
Its tuned. Its more like 8-10 psi stock. Mine is apr s2 and will hit 19psi. Put a fresh set of plugs that are one step colder and a fresh tank of 93octane and see what happens.
You also might have a clutch starting to slip if its manual

1 - 8 of 8 Posts