VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Exclaim tires....I know they are cheap as hell and you get what you pay for, but at this point I dont care. I am running very low on funds and need tires for the new wheels. My only concern is how well they stretch. I am going to run a 215/40/17 on a 17x9. I am not concerned about how long they last and perform, seeing how I never drive my car. . any imput would be cool. Thanks
pic for views

· Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: General Exclaim tires,, do they stretch?? (98silverGTIVR6)

Quote, originally posted by 98silverGTIVR6 »
falcons are good

Falkens are still more expensive. I can get the Generals for $292.86 shipped.. The falkens are around $325.. But if the Generals arent going to stretch then Im going to have to spend the extra $ which would suck.

· Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: General Exclaim tires,, do they stretch?? (DopeVr6)

Quote, originally posted by DopeVr6 »
thats your car and your worried about a 30$ difference in tires?

sadly, yes.. $30 will pay my electric bill.

· Registered
5,464 Posts
Re: General Exclaim tires,, do they stretch?? (chargedsix)

Quote, originally posted by chargedsix »

Falkens are still more expensive. I can get the Generals for $292.86 shipped.. The falkens are around $325.. But if the Generals arent going to stretch then Im going to have to spend the extra $ which would suck.

My suggestion would be to look a little bit harder, about a year ago, I found falkens for under $200 shipped. ($198.xx) I know it was a year ago and prices probably have gone up, but I can't imagine that they've gone up that much. Unfortunately I don't remember where I got the tires from, sorry.

· Registered
5,166 Posts
Re: General Exclaim tires,, do they stretch?? (Rampage GLI 16V)

i have the general's and in terms of performance they arent a bad tire for a daily driver...lots of grip in dry and wet and good lateral grip as well...i dunno if they are any good for stretching tho...when i was installing them on my rim they did seem to have a really stiff sidewall...dont think they'll stretch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.