VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I was casually looking for a new (actually late-model used) car to replace my aging Toyota. I was interested in 2001/2002 M3s, and the same year Boxsters (+ the 03s). At that time (Sept?) there were TONS of these cars in the Auto Trader. Now, supply seems to have dried up. There are very few listing for these cars now.
What did I miss? Did the used car market pick up over the holidays? Anyone have a general sense for how it's doing? I know there was a lot of pent-up demand, but used car sales were being killed by incentives, rebates, and low-interest financing.
Curious...

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: General impressions of used car market right now (dubfan)

bump
No one else shopping used cars right now?

·
Registered
626 Posts

I have been causually looking at used Lincoln LS v8's and the dealer I have been talking to can't seem to keep them on the lot. I have stopped there 3 times in the last week and the stock keeps changing, so i guess the used market is going pretty well.
Good luck finding a car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
718 Posts

I think that in another year the used market will be glutted with cars. How many people do you know that were hooked in to low to 0 intrest loans a car that they still couldn't afford. I think it also depends individually on each car. You will find a lot of Ford and Chevy midsized cars but mayby for a specifac car, say a VW deisel or a year or 2 old deisel truck, the search will be difficult.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Re: General impressions of used car market right now (Instrument 37)

M3's may be hard to find, but I see tons of Boxsters for sale. Check EBay, lots of them in Florida and TX. The Boxster S seems to be a little more hard to find, but just the plain old Boxster shouldn't be that hard to find. Granted they won't usually be sitting on the used lot of a Ford or Chevy dealer, but with a minimal amount of looking you should be able to find one.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: General impressions of used car market right now (Long Duck Dong)

Thanks for the replies. Actually it's the S I'm looking at. They can certainly be found, but what was interesting to me was how many fewer there seemed to be in the A/T. I was just wondering if other people were noticing the same thing.
And M3s seem to have virtually dried up, after having been reasonably plentiful.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts

Many times convertible cars such as the Boxter will either be snatched up quickly or taken off market as the summertime approaches... my brother ran into the same problem when looking for his car.
Tyler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts