VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
i like the front end a lot but I don't like the Pegasus style wings and I'm undecided on the rear. wheels are tits though for sure

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Trollhättan, Sweden: Saab Automobile is changing the auto industry infotainment landscape by engaging external partners in ‘open innovation’ for the development of its new IQon infotainment concept, using Google’s Android operating system. Saab IQon delivers a completely new car infotainment user experience, combining all that’s best from the mobile industry with Saab’s automotive knowledge and innovative spirit to create an infotainment system for the next generation of Saab cars. Users will be able to download a wide range of applications, online services and multi-media functions provided through a Saab IQon store.

Saab will issue third-party developers with a vehicle application programming interface (API) providing access to more than 500 signals from different sensors in the vehicle. These measure, for example, vehicle speed, location and direction of travel, driver workload, yaw rate, steering wheel angle, engine speed and torque, inside and outside temperature, barometric pressure and the sun’s position.
Party on :D

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
I didn't like it at first look, but somehow it's growing on me. The Android powered entertainment system will be fantastic for sure as developers come up with new and exciting apps. This won't make production, but things such as the Android system, and styling cues will. That would be a great frontend on the next 93.

·
Registered
2003 Honda S2000, 2018 Subaru BRZ, 2015 GX460
18,512 Posts
cool looking. I'm sure all three saab fans will buy one. :laugh:

·
Registered
2011 SAAB 9-5 and 2016 Lincoln MKC
2,397 Posts
I know that Saab's new owners expressed a liking for the old airplane logo, but I much prefer the griffin badge, which looks like a neat piece of European heraldry.

Maybe they are trying to reduce warranty claims from all the badges where the image was wearing off? :)

·
Registered
'19 Subaru Forester with the no-faster stripes
44,847 Posts
Everything about that bothers me with the exception of the grille. The Aero X was a vastly better riff on these themes.

·
Premium Member
54,814 Posts
I know that Saab's new owners expressed a liking for the old airplane logo, but I much prefer the griffin badge, which looks like a neat piece of European heraldry.

Maybe they are trying to reduce warranty claims from all the badges where the image was wearing off? :)
I was just about to say "I bet it still rubs off"

·
Registered
'22 Maverick. '03 9-3, '67 Fairlady
20,176 Posts
Is this car designed to burst into flames often? ;)

Cool concept. I'm with the others, not getting the wings hanging off of the doors. But I love that CHMSL.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Is this car designed to burst into flames often? ;)
Doesn't say Nissan or Ferrari on it.

I'm in love with it. Then again, I'm one of the three Saab fans who would buy it :rolleyes: Love the old prop plane logo re-appearing, it's a good fit with Spyker. The wings I could take or leave, but seeing as its a concept, I'm not worried about any of it.

Too bad that center stack is droid powered - it should just be an iPad so it'll actually work right and have good apps :p

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.