VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (Diesel GLI)

I'm in for the cupholder too, it just seems that the anthracite in your pics is too dark compared to the anthracite color that the inside of my car is. Can you confirm that they're both the same color?

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (gsantarelli1)

What I will do is compair the color codes in the current center console and the color code with the drink holder. That is about the best I can do on that. I dont have a Jetta here yet because ours is not due to arrive unitil the middle of October.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (TDIVegas)

Quote, originally posted by TDIVegas »
I would be very interested if the other rubber piece is available for the botom.

It's gotta be, without that piece it looks like an unfinished box. Doesn't even really look like a cupholder. I think they give Europeans the option to simply use it as a storage box, which is actually what I'd like to do. The only time I use cupholders are for water or gatorade, which I use the ones in the door for...

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (gsantarelli1)

Ok just wanted to let you guys know I order one of each of the different possible rubber pieces. It very difficult to tell in ETKA because the pics dont match up with the part always. So I ordered 3 differnt ones to find the correct bottem cover. So we should have an answer the begining part of this coming week.
You are correct it does look VERY unfinished with out a rubber piece to cover up the mounting srews.

Modified by [email protected] at 11:25 AM 9-9-2005

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
There is ALOT to remove. Basically you have to remove MOST of that entire center console. I was looking at pulling it apart for some of my car PC stuff but it just looks like it would be a ridiculous hassle. It would probably be much easier if the seats were out of it... but jesus... whats that gonna take?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I've gotten the interior removal of my MkIV down to about 25-30 minutes, and that includes the console, all seats, side trim, and carpeting. It's not all that tough.
I imagine the MkV would be quite similar.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Re: (saceone)

Quote, originally posted by saceone »
thanks for the bottle opener P/N !!!!!!!!

I dont know if youve notice... but if you look real close at the beer bottle cap... theres an arrow that tells you which way to twist it

hehehe, i dont even drink and i know that

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: (CrssEyedNSmilin)

Quote, originally posted by CrssEyedNSmilin »
I dont know if youve notice... but if you look real close at the beer bottle cap... theres an arrow that tells you which way to twist it

hehehe, i dont even drink and i know that

Most import beer won't twist off.

Modified by curraheevw at 4:52 AM 9-12-2005

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: (Diesel GLI)

Quote, originally posted by Diesel GLI »
what the hell gives with the hard ons for the bottle opener...?

who the hell actually uses a bottle opener anymore...?

I do - for my San Pelligrino mineral water.....

41 - 60 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.