VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Krista is also easy to deal with.

I've never had a problem with you guys down at Hillside. Good folks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

I'll tell her she has a fan club. I'm going to try to swing by there tonight as it's been a while since I've said hi to everyone.
'Specially you, Danny boy.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Re: (gsantarelli1)

Dan,
Would you have or be able to order the rear cupholder assembly that goes below these vents in place of the pocket the US models have?

I can't find the pic of them, but I know I've seen them before. They fold out of the console underneath the vents.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
I wanted to let everyone know that we have the German drink holder with the rolltop style cover on it. Also included in each unit there is a VW bottle opener that is the divider between the forward drink and back drink in the drink holder. The botter opener also can be stored at the bottom of the unit to make one large holder. Picture will follow in the morning.
Drink Holder $45
UPDATE: I do have the center rubber piece for the console now those will be included with all the orders.

Dan,
Just received my drink holder and it didn't come with the center rubber piece. How do I get this?
Bill

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (gonavy)

Quote, originally posted by gonavy »
ttt, so Dan can see this, this morning.

Did you get my PM? (I have an extra rubber insert).
Quote, originally posted by Der Kommissar »
I'll be putting mine in sometime this week, it looks like its gonna be a PITA!

It is a bit of a PITA, but well worth the trouble.
My install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (Der Kommissar)

It will be a PITA. I did mine yesterday...took nearly all friggin' day. Be extra careful with the trim removal around the inside of your "handles" on the front of the console. I used one of those plastic trim removal tools and still broke one of the tabs and nearly broke another on the opposite side. I didn't take my shift knob off (auto trans) but was still able to get the console up high enough by putting the trans in park and pulling the E-brake lever up really high. Now where does this leftover torx screw go.....? I, too, didn't get the rear rubber insert. I e-mailed Hillside and was apoligized to and told it would be mailed to me. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (VWYankee)

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »
Did you get my PM? (I have an extra rubber insert).

Got the PM VWYank, and I appreciate the offer, but if Dan doesn't provide the piece as he promised, I'm sending the drink holder back.
Thanks again for the offer.

·
Registered
997 Posts

Mine didn't take that long. If you don't know how to take the console apart, its a little tough, but not that much. I've been using mine for 2 months now and its 100% better than the US version. I can fit any normal sized drink, including Fiji spring water, which is impossible to fit in any other cupholders. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (gsantarelli1)

Quote, originally posted by gsantarelli1 »
Mine didn't take that long. If you don't know how to take the console apart, its a little tough, but not that much. I've been using mine for 2 months now and its 100% better than the US version. I can fit any normal sized drink, including Fiji spring water, which is impossible to fit in any other cupholders. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Did you ever get the part number for the rear cupholders?
Dan hasn't answered any of my e-mails, nor responded to this thread.
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
6,954 Posts

Did you ever get the part number for the rear cupholders?
Dan hasn't answered any of my e-mails, nor responded to this thread.
Thanks, Bill

You could get the p/n's for the rear (in the GTI) simply by calling your local dealer's parts department, as it's not a Euro specific item.
*edit*

Not going to let this get lost in the "vortex"...

thread just added this to "Interior" part of the FAQ, so no need to keep bumping it.

Modified by VWYankee at 10:00 AM 2-28-2006

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: German Drink Holder for MK V Jetta (VWYankee)

Update: Dan just replied and said they were sent last week. I should receive the center piece this week.
All is well in GLIland. (until I start tearing apart the console).

81 - 100 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.