VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT'S HELLA LOUD!

GermanAutoParts.com carries the HELLA Twin Supertone horn for any vehicle. The horn includes a 300 Hz low tone, and 500 Hz high tone, blasting at 118 dB.

Included in the kit are the full dual-horn assembly, with the relay and mounting brackets.

This powerful horn sound is focused, so it is best mounted directly behind the grille facing forward.

For a full listing of product application for your vehicle, please visit GermanAutoParts.com.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Horns are Genuine HELLA, and fabricated in India. They will fit adapt to any vehicle with the included mounting hardware. Also, we ship via the standard carriers which will incur freight charges (one day to DC). The difference in the price reflects the standard 110dB horn verses the SuperTone 118dB horn. It's a serious horn!
Please call us at GAP if you have any more questions @ 877.4.GERMAN

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
??

The ones from India go for about $40.00. Less if you shop around. The ones from india also have a dB rating of about 108 MAX (it's supposed to be 118). After doing the homework I think an airhorn is the way to go.

With the Hella kit (specifically Indian) there have been issues of headlights dimming with their use. They sound pretty cool but I don't think I can drop the hammer on 'em. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.