VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We get quite a few IM's every day that follow the same trends, so we figured we'd make things a bit easier and put together a small FAQ for you guys.
Q: Your prices are so low - Are the parts you sell high quality or just cheap aftermarket junk?
A: When at all possible, we offer only the finest Genuine or OE items available. In many cases, there are cheaper alternatives available, but most of them do not live up to our standards. Bottom line: If it's not good enough to put on one of our personal cars, we won't offer it to a customer.
Q: Do you ship to Canada or outside the USA?
A: Yes, we do ship to many countries outside the USA. Our preferred mehtod of shipment is via USPS. The tracking services are limited (in comparison to FedEx, UPS, etc), but the price is usually much more attractive.
Q: Can you match the price on a product at randomsite.com?
A: We'll not only match it - we'll BEAT it! As long as the part is from the same manufacturer and we're comparing apples to apples, let us know of a lower price and we'll take care of the rest! We try our hardest to provide the lowest prices available, but it's nearly impossible to be all-knowing all the time.
Q: How and when can I contact PAP-Parts?
A: Our business hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm EST. You may contact us via:
Email ([email protected])
Phone 1-800-944-2964 or (614) 793-0981
Fax (614) 793-0982
Vortex IM [email protected] or [email protected]
Q: Do you sell aftermarket suspension components and body kits?
A: No. While we would love to be able to offer EVERYTHING to EVERYONE, we'll stick to what we know best and do it to the best of our ability - OE and Genuine parts for VW, Audi and Porsche.
Q: What does "PAP" mean?
A: Some folks call us "Pap" (like your grand-pappy), others call us "pee-aye-pee". We really don't care what you call us as long as you call us!
Technically speaking, the name is P.A.P-Parts, but if we told you what the abbreviation stands for, we'd have to kill you. Top secret stuff, here.
Q: Do you keep all of your inventory in-stock or do you drop ship from remote suppliers?
A: More than 99% of our inventory is in-stock, on our shelves in our facility in scenic Powell, Ohio. We prefer not to drop ship because it allows us to make sure that our customers are receiving what they want. We inspect and double check every item that leaves our facility to ensure you get get the best quality every time. Check out this photo of one section of our warehouse for an idea of our inventory:

Q: Does PAP-Parts have a printed catalog?
A: Not at this time. The marketplace changes so rapidly that we would be printing a new catalog every week just to keep up with new items and price changes! However, we spend every day making sure our website (www.pap-parts.com) is as current as possible.
Q: Do you guys know what you're talking about?
A: We would like to think so! Our two key VW/Audi sales staffers have been building VW's and Audi's for several years. I've owned 30+ VAG products (mk1's, mk2's, mk3's, mk4's, B3/4 Passats, Audi A4's, etc) and have built two mk2 VR6 GTI's for myself and have been involved in the creation of several other mk2 VR6 and 1.8T swap projects for friends and customers. I'm currently working on our company's mk4 TDI project (to be seen soon!). Aaron has a 96 GTI VR6 with a BIG turbo push nearly 20psi that lays down over 400whp. He also has a snazzy flat black 85 Golf beater with blue terry cloth seat covers.
Q: Do you have a store where I can walk in and buy parts?
A: We have a limited storefront, but it is open to the public Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm EST. If you plan to stop in to pick up parts, we prefer to have you order online (there is a "will-call" shipping option) or phone in your order ahead of time. This allows us to process and complete your order so it is ready for you to pick up.
Q: Is your website secure and is it safe to place an order there?
A: Our website, PAP-Parts.com is fully functional and secure and you can place orders there 24/7 by Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. We can accept Paypal, too, but prefer the confidence/user protection afforded with credit card companies.

Q: If I order from you, will you sell my information to spammers?
A: ABSOLUTELY NOT! We strictly maintain or database for our use only and do not sell, trade or give away information to others. You may get an email from us every now and then when we run exclusive promotions for existing customers.

Hopefully, this answers most of your basic questions about us. Remember, when you are looking for REAL service from REAL guys who know what you're after, check us out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,127 Posts
Re: ..:: Get to know PAP-Parts - BIG SERVICE, small prices!! ([email protected])

Scot: You guys gonna flesh out your website so it would be as ez to order...say tune up or timing belt job parts as it is to order your Passat front suspension kit? Online ordering is so quick and ez, plus you have record of exactly what you ordered so if wrong stuff comes you can know if you screwed up and ordered wrong or supplier shipped wrong stuff (PAP never does that I know, but its good to have record)???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.