VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me what you think... I'm still looking to buy an A2 Jetta and think I came across a nice deal?! '92 Jetta GTX, every possible option, std, stock BBS rims, recaros and red with absolutely no rust. The guy selling is the original owner. This car never saw a winter and has only 84000km!! The guy babied it like crazy and he knows he's got a sweet sweet ride so he's asking $8500CAN. I'm thinking it's worth it. What's your opinion?

·
Banned
2,556 Posts
Re: Gettin' closer! (Tbird Pimpistik)

hey,
check the kms with someone, ie Ministy or VW dealer ship. that is really low for a car like that. its possible, but i dont know. 8500 is a little steep. i wouldnt go any higher then 7800

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies... looking into the cars' history as we speak. And for the money part... I was thinking of maybe starting off at around $7200 and seeing from there. You know, you start waving a wad of cash in someone's face and they sometimes change their minds pretty easily?! I'll keep you posted on my search for an A2 Jetta.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Gettin' closer! (Vdubfan)

Price does indeed seem a bit steep...Mileage is pretty low but might be real if it really never was driven in the winter. Be aware that the base price for a Jetta in 92 was little over 12000. Add shipping and few options and you're never above 14 to 15K.
How often he changed the brakes might give you a clue on how hard it was driven...
I bought a 92 turbo-diesel with 134,000km in 98 for under 6000$cdn, but the red paint was dull and the shocks were gone... I still haven't changed pads (just rear cylinders) at 265,000 km. Rust is usually not a problem on these cars (can't say the same about my Eurovan)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:[HR][/HR]Rust is usually not a problem on these cars (can't say the same about my Eurovan)[HR][/HR]​
??? You're kiddin' right?! All the ones I went to see so far had rust around the windshield, gas cap, around wiper arms and of course the door handles!! That's why I'm debating paying a few $$$ more to get it without all that patch work to be done.
This car is truely in mint shape. Never ever seen a winter, yet he rustproofed it every year just for storage.
I think I found my next toy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.