VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im getting a 2004 1.8t GTI by the end of this month...
I have been into volkswagens for awhile but not with the 1.8t motor, im looking to spend about $3000 when i first get it, im interested in a front mount intercooler, blow off valve, and then a chip...
What is everyone's opinions on these plans? And then what brands should i look into? Also how much will what i have named cost me and what kinds of gains am i looking at? And if those few MODS dont cost any where close to $3000 which i dont think they do what other engine modifications should i do to get a few more whp?

Thanks for the advice beforehand http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Re: Getting '04 1.8t need some help now! (turbojoe)

suspension first, with all that power you wanna put down, it will feel like a shopping cart if it doesn't already..

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Getting '04 1.8t need some help now! (Yzerman)

suspension is already taken care of.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

Go chip, bov, then intercooler. \
Chip $500-850 Revo, Giac, Apr, Upsolute
Bov $100-$300 Bailey, greddy, forge
IC $600-$1000 greddy, evo, abd
I would buy a downpipe. Big bang for the buck.
You should be well under your $3000 bugdet if you look around.
$3000 is enough to buy a turbo kit. Look into the Gt28rs kit. Includes downpipe, software, and a bov i believe.
Hope this helps. Go to the 1.8t faq. Or just try the search.

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,261 Posts
Re: Getting '04 1.8t need some help now! (trbochrgm02)

How about trying to pay for it first?

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

you don't want to get a bov valve cuz they make our car run rich and it sets off your check engine light. i would look into a cold air intake and maybe a turbo xs valve. they have one that goes 138 decibles. if that is not loud enough for you. also do a suspension first. maybe a fk coilover or cup kit for a low look and proper shocks and struts. then look for chip upgrades ehn you get bored with the power. front mount is a really good thing to do for a prep for future up grades . good brands for front mount is either neuspeed,abd,or forge. good intakes are also abd or neuspeed. front mounts are 800, air intake is 200,coilover from fk is about 700.turbo xs is about 170. and a chip is about 500 but do a search for which brand you like there are apr, garrett, and revo , cheapest price is from upsolute. hope i helped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts