VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
SC AW11, Mazda speed NB, 89 Skyline GTS-T 5M, 19 FieSTa
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To sell to Carvana, they require a 10 day loan payoff. I use the VWcredit website to make payments, but I can't find out how to produce the 10 day loan payoff I need. Nothing I have found so far on the website is related to the payoff. And the customer service line is pretty useless.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
To sell to Carvana, they require a 10 day loan payoff. I use the VWcredit website to make payments, but I can't find out how to produce the 10 day loan payoff I need. Nothing I have found so far on the website is related to the payoff. And the customer service line is pretty useless.

View attachment 87571

View attachment 87572
They payoff quote on the second picture doesn't give you a payoff amount?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They payoff quote on the second picture doesn't give you a payoff amount?

No. It directs me to pay off the remainder of the note, doesn't give any actual info.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I've refinanced a couple of cars with a credit union and they have always called and gotten the 10 day payoff once was from VW credit and the other was with Toyota credit. Is Carvana not willing to deal with VW credit? I know its a different scenario but still kind of the same. They are paying off a loan and receiving a title just like a refinance would.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I've always called banks and finance companies to request payoff amounts and asked them to send it directly to whoever needs it.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've refinanced a couple of cars with a credit union and they have always called and gotten the 10 day payoff once was from VW credit and the other was with Toyota credit. Is Carvana not willing to deal with VW credit? I know its a different scenario but still kind of the same. They are paying off a loan and receiving a title just like a refinance would.

According to Carvana's website I have to provide the 10 day loan payoff form myself.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hmmmm brave new world no human customer service anymore. One day we will forget how to talk to one another.

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
Ally, VW Credit and many other banks are total dicks about this. Because knowledge is power. You’ll have to call them. It’s the only way.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ally, VW Credit and many other banks are total dicks about this. Because knowledge is power. You’ll have to call them. It’s the only way.
So I'll have to find a human at VWcredit (which I haven't found so far) to send me the paperwork I need? Can it be sent digitally? because I'd like to get the info to carvana within a week.

·
Registered
BRZ
9,032 Posts
There's no paperwork. You ask for a "10 Day Payoff", and they just give you the information: a date (10 days from now would be May 14th), an amount (this is your payoff) and a "per diem" (this is the amount the payoff goes up after 10 days).

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So I'll have to find a human at VWcredit (which I haven't found so far) to send me the paperwork I need? Can it be sent digitally? because I'd like to get the info to carvana within a week.
Keep pressing 0.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
edit: nevermind, I believe I found it. You had to press "online pay off"

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,985 Posts
Weird. I was able to get a payoff quote at any time. Then when I did pay it off I paid it a couple days before the quote expiry day and they sent me a cheque for the interest for those days :unsure:

·
Premium Member
44,185 Posts
FYI VWCredit typically wont let you pay off the car unless it's a check from you. I tried selling my friend my old leased GTI at the end for the pay off. They wouldnt let me sell it to them directly (ie they paying VWCredit). I had to buy the car, then have them write me a check
:rolleyes: so good luck

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Call, they should give you a payoff for a certain amount of days. They then usually give the per diem amount per day to add to the payoff amount and days they provide. I had to do that a few years back when I had to pay off a totaled car with a loan at credit union.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, I'll hear back from Carvana in a day or 2 if they need more info or I botched it. My account number is included in the screenshot I sent them but I didn't want to post my real name here.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Be advised that the VWC payoff you see on the screen is NOT the same payoff as what they will give Carvana. I had to find this out the hard way when I sold my Golf R and was a grand apart from what I saw on the computer screen.

I don't recall what exactly the issue was, but apparently when you sell your leased car, VWC will sell it for "market price" rather than your payoff, and the market price doesn't necessarily equal your payoff.

VWC is one of the only companies that do this BS. Beware.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts