VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want Getta Conversion - Trade Anyone?

Hello all,

I had another user name on here before, but I can't seem to get into my account anymore. *shrug* But anyway, it's been awhile since I have been here. I bought a 2003 Jetta WB new awhile back. Ended up trading it away for my BMW a few years back. However, I am going to pick up another Jetta (2003) hopefully in the next day or so.

I wanted to know if there are any golf owners out there who would want to trade front ends with me. The color of the Jetta is black. (unless it falls through then it will be a different one). And I live in So. Cal. The body is flawless on it as well. I also don't care if the golf is a different color than mine because I am having the whole car re-painted. (of course I realize that it might matter to the trading golf though)

I do apologize if this might not be the right place to post in the forum as well. Just thought it was a good place to start. :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I do apologize if this might not be the right place to post in the forum as well.

and do you really like gettas that much? that you are willing to pay for a complete respray:(

you won't get much love here, because chances are it won't look to good.

but anyways.. take this crap to the classifieds or regional forums

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

and do you really like gettas that much? that you are willing to pay for a complete respray:(

you won't get much love here, because chances are it won't look to good.

but anyways.. take this crap to the classifieds or regional forums
Ok, wow...well nice welcome back to the forums eh?!

First of all, I didn't say I was going to re-paint the car BECAUSE of the front end swap. I just don't like the color of the car as I am going to receive it. Two of my other cars are re-painted because I want them to look the way "I" want them to look. Also, to say it probably won't look good is expressly your opinion. I, and many others, like the "Getta" look. And others like the "JTI" look. Furthermore, classifying it as "crap" when requesting it to be moved to a different forum is also implying your opinion on the matter.

To sum it up.....there was a nicer way to say all that. No need for douche-like responses.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

First of all, I didn't say I was going to re-paint the car BECAUSE of the front end swap. I just don't like the color of the car as I am going to receive it. Two of my other cars are re-painted because I want them to look the way "I" want them to look. Also, to say it probably won't look good is expressly your opinion. I, and many others, like the "Getta" look. And others like the "JTI" look. Furthermore, classifying it as "crap" when requesting it to be moved to a different forum is also implying your opinion on the matter.

To sum it up.....there was a nicer way to say all that. No need for douche-like responses.
His response really was one of the least douchiest responses. Your response back was even douchier. He gave you the answers needed. Go to the classifieds, maybe even the regionals, and receive better, less douchey responses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His response really was one of the least douchiest responses. Your response back was even douchier. He gave you the answers needed. Go to the classifieds, maybe even the regionals, and receive better, less douchey responses.
Least or most douche-like doesn't matter. Fact is, the type of response I received initially is not necessary, right?. Essentially just delivering the required information is all that is needed. Also, done and done. The post has been re-posted in the classified section. :p

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Least or most douche-like doesn't matter. Fact is, the type of response I received initially is not necessary, right?. Essentially just delivering the required information is all that is needed. Also, done and done. The post has been re-posted in the classified section. :p
You came into hell, expecting heaven. You should know that, Mr. Veteran.
Good luck with the swap though! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

when i said "crap" i was referring to this thread. go cry elsewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.