VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
So, it has been awhile since this post was started. How did everything go for you? You still racing? How about the rest of you guys?

Quite exciting that they have finally made the stock classes TRUE street tires. Perhaps some interesting times ahead?

Who'd have known, back then when I seen that new Ford Focus ST at the auto show, how it would effect me later. I almost got one a few weeks ago, but the dealer was a jerk. Then I came across a brand new (blue, of course) 2014 Fiesta ST at another dealer, that had just come off the truck, and the rest is history. Not as upscale as my R32, but an amazing car all the same. It is back to the more basics of what the thrill of driving a performance car should be, and oh so tossable. Brings back the fond memories of my early days with Spitfires and such. It brought back the passion of driving again. Can't wait to try it at an AutoX someday soon. But it has made even just driving to work, fun again.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Didnt get to race this year much, because of work.... :(

Next year. going in this month to do some tuning, exhaust work and SAI removal.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
So, it has been awhile since this post was started. How did everything go for you? You still racing? How about the rest of you guys?
For me, we weren't as good as last year. Only wound up fourth in season points in my class in my region (behind three CRX drivers). I did get second in STS at the Dover Tour (behind a CRX), which was nice. 17th at Nationals but best in class (non-Toyo). Went with new suspension after we came back but we ran out of tire before we could give it a real testing out.

2014 should be better. We have more car upgrades coming and we've got Sam Strano coaching us. We have a full slate of local events and probably four or five national ones on the schedule so we'll be busy; with any luck we'll be competitive as well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts