VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, that's the same exact strut mount that I linked earlier....good price too. Haven't ever seen it that cheap.

Why do you want to change them though, btw?
(since you already have your springs in)
front left is clunking when turning. getting it checked out in a few days. read that these maybe be the reason. any ideas?

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just ordered a pair. Moved my install to Wednesday. It helps when we do the install in house.
You ordered the mounts AND the bearings, correct?!?

Also, ordering those parts....you will NOT have to disassemble your OEM struts. You just put the new strut mounts & bearings on the new KW struts and install them. Makes life 10x easier

front left is clunking when turning. getting it checked out in a few days. read that these maybe be the reason. any ideas?
Odd.
I'd double check the install. Strut top nuts, swaybar endlink nuts, the strut mount bolts, and then double check that the strut mounts were in the proper orientation.

It shouldn't be that low, but also double check that the tie rod boot isn't hitting the fender liner. It can get caught up and make a popping sound.
See here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...sat-Thread&p=86334428&viewfull=1#post86334428

·
Registered
290 Posts
You ordered the mounts AND
Odd.
I'd double check the install. Strut top nuts, swaybar endlink nuts, the strut mount bolts, and then double check that the strut mounts were in the proper orientation.

It shouldn't be that low, but also double check that the tie rod boot isn't hitting the fender liner. It can get caught up and make a popping sound.
See here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...sat-Thread&p=86334428&viewfull=1#post86334428

Ok,

Just checked that fender liner and mine are low, I believe they are touching the boot when turning. The rubber shows signs of rubbing/touching. So I imagine it might be touching when turning especially under load. But just to make sure I will be sure to have all the other nuts and bolts and orientation checked if the noise doesn't go away after I cut this liner.

Thank You

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
Looks like your culprit!

Before you cut it, you can try loosening the screws that hold the fender liner and pushing up on it -- you gotta take the wheel off. (see how it's slotted & there's room for it to go up)
It may, or may not, move up. Try that first, before trimming it though.

Worst case, just trim the part hanging down near the boot with a razor blade :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.